Production Quality Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - permanent|
Within the area of responsibility in the plant
* Responsible for the customer and supplier complaint management systems ensuring that complaints are managed in due time and utilize robust problem solving tools.
* Responsible to lead the 8D multifunctional team in case of customer claim (internal or external) to ensure that investigation for the root causes (for occurrence and non detection) are done in order to reproduce and validate the failure mode and together with the team define corrective and preventive action plan in order to eliminate/avoid recurrence.
* Prepare reports, presentations to customers concerning customer's claims or changes
* Responsible for the corrective action and change management processes related to their area of responsibility and together with the Advanced Quality Engineer
* Advise on the use of customer specific requirements applicable to the area of responsibility.
* Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities based on reverse PFMEA and other Quality Tools providing coordination between production and engineering.
* Giving input to Quality trainings and raising awareness for Quality in the organization by ensuring the right application of Quality Tools and Quality Expertise.
* Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities in case of customer claims (internal and external) and internal claims.
* Derive lessons learned in order to transfer and share best practices over all lines and plants.
* Ensures Measurement System Analysis (MSA) process is applied on the products in focus
* Have the authority and the responsibility to stop any process or product delivery in case of a serious non-conformity to customer expectations, safety or environmental risks etc.
* Responsible to monitor and internal quality performance such as internal defects, scrap, sorting activities, suspect material review and disposition, first piece approval, floor audits etc, and drive and support corrective actions in case of deviation together with the multifunctional team
* Responsible to ensure that the customer is satisfied with the quality performance
* Supports the implementation and maintenance of a Quality Management System according to Customer and MMS standards
Key Performance Indicators/Key Result Areas
? Customer Complaints
? Customer Complaint PPM
? Non-Quality Costs
? Warranty Costs/Field Complaints
Internal & External Working Relationships
? Internal interfaces to all plant functions
? Customer (engineering & quality)
? Suppliers (engineering and quality)
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
University degree (bachelor or master) in engineering
? English language skills (fluent), German language skills are a plus
? Quality engineering (APQP procedures, 8D systematic, control plan, capability analysis, MSA, SPC, FMEA, Poka Yoke, ...)
? ISO/TS 16949 requirements and ISO 9001
? Problem solving techniques (for example PDCA, Six Sigma, RPS, ...)
? Software skills (such as MS office, Q-DAS software, APIS, SAP, ...) are preferred
? Knowledge of customer PPAP procedures and customer specific requirements
? Automotive Industry
? Mass production
? Relevant process experience
? Self motivated
? Ability to motivate and drive others
? Attention to detail