Contract: Buyer / DenmarkClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - long term|
* Demonstrates personal commitment to the Company's HSE Policy.
* Prepares, negotiates and issues material contracts in respect of Company rules, including HSE rules, internal procedures and applicable legislation.
* Processes purchase-requisitions from technical and operational staff, including clarifying the content and requirements of the goods/services to be purchased.
* Generates and sends out inquiries for obtaining quotations. Critically follow up on, evaluate and assess quotations in collaboration with technical staff, including comparing and evaluating the commercial soundness of each quotation.
* Negotiates price with vendors based on knowledge of the market as well as the technical and operational requirements of the product.
* Supports technical and operational staff regarding the acquisition of selected materials, goods and services.
* Evaluates offers and issue purchase orders to relevant vendors and suppliers.
* Ensures the good administration, filing and update of all the documents in SAP or the central drive.
* Ensures that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms are filed in line with the applicable procedures.
Context and environment:
* Purchasing is vital to ensure continuity of affiliate's operational and production activities.
* The job involves regular contact with local and international suppliers. The jobholder works permanently in an interdisciplinary environment where he/she establishes purchase documents in relation with operations and functional entities. The jobholder supports the management in controlling the expenditure of the company.
* In the current economic situation, the main role of the jobholder is to challenge the external providers with regards to the cost drivers by means of negotiations and RFQ. Optimising the costs has to be done in a continuous balance with delivery times and quality of goods and services.
* The jobholder has to operate in accordance with the planned activities, but also be able to react quickly and efficiently in case of operational changes and breakdown situations which may affect the performance of the service, the safety of the installation or the production.
The jobholder is accountable for:
* Ordering and purchasing of requested services, goods and materials in a timely, cost-efficient, secure and commercially sound manner.
* Ensuring that all purchases are executed in accordance with applicable laws as well as internal procedures and regulations.
* Ensuring that all data in the purchase order system is correct and up-to-date.
* Timely follow up on purchase requests and pending purchase orders.
* Perform Contract Management on the Material Contracts to drive best contract value and utilisation.
* Ensuring timely payment of invoices.
* Validation of SO/PO/Call off upto a value of 50 KUS before issue to to the vendors and suppliers.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree or equivalent. Relevant experience (minimum 2-5 years) within Oil & Gas operations.
* Relevant educational and/ or operational background in technical purchasing and logistics.
* Knowledge of procurement scope and processes in the Upstream Oil & Gas Industry.
* Commercial awareness, ability to compare and assess the commercial strength of technical quotes.
* Good communication skills combined with fluent English in both speech and writing.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Knowledge of using SAP and MS suite of applications.
* Languages and level: Fluent in English.