Contract: Project Engineering Manager (Subsea Installation) - EUR600 - EUR700 per day / France
|Location:||Paris, Île-de-France, France|
|Salary:||EUR600 - EUR700 per day|
Our client, a leading subsea engineering, construction and services company, has an urgent requirement for a Project Engineering Manager to be based in Paris on a contract basis.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
Within the framework of our Projects, we are looking for an experienced Project Engineering Manager to join our Installation Department within the Engineering Management Department. You will be in charge of the installation of subsea structures, launched jacket and deck/topside floatover. You will prepare the missions and then support the offshore people during the operations. Your interface will be at the heart of the project and you will ensure the liaison between the Client, the suppliers, the operational people and the design teams.
The Project Engineering Manager plans and coordinates the technical expertise and services required to ensure successful delivery of projects. This scope includes studies and tenders as well as live projects. The resources and competence required to deliver the project will be provided by the Engineering Departments and agreed at the outset of the project with the Engineering Department Manager and/or Engineering Director.
The Project Engineering Manager will contribute to business development and marketing internally to the company's employees as well as externally to the Clients as required, support the pursuit of project opportunities and identify/implement the resources and training necessary. Responsibilities may include business development, budget control, project & resource management, engineering operations, performance management, training and all other related business activities.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
* Responsible to Project Manager for the delivery to project of all engineering requirements.
* Responsible for ensuring that standard of engineering services provided complies with corporate standards and Client specifications along with appropriate legislation.
* Manage the engineering resources and interfaces on a project to achieve successful delivery.
* Interface with discipline leads and/or group leads to ensure deliverable schedule is being met and budget is on track.
* Ensure schedule of engineering is linked to procurement activities, package and fabrication supply.
* Develop man-hour estimates and subsequent engineering schedule for implementation to suit overall project plan, taking responsibility for delivery.
* Identify project resource requirements and liaise with Engineering Resource Coordinators to ensure availability and allocation.
* Promote and facilitate project team awareness of company QA and HSE procedures.
* Ensure that all procedures and methods of work developed have considered the safety of personnel and assets to minimise loss.
* Ensure all documents are checked and approved and have relevant circulations.
* Actively engage in the project risk assessment and mitigation processes.
* Ensure engineering on the project team is effective and quality driven.
* Agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports.
* Ensure that project teams maximise Group knowledge management tools.
* Manage and participate in technical audits of projects and studies.
To apply or for further information, please submit CV applications.