Contract: Regeneration Project Manager / UKClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||£450 to £550 per day|
|Duration:||12+ months renewable contract|
You will be responsible for supporting an large scale regeneration programme and delivering major regeneration projects and programmes of works. Operating as a key member of the Council PMO, you will report directly to the Group Head of Corporate Strategy and Communications and play a pivotal role in the design, planning, development, delivery and management of work within the regeneration arena.
You will be responsible for managing and tracking programmes and utilising the project management framework for reporting.
Your role will also involve:
- Reporting on project progress, milestone achievement and risk and risk mitigation
- Drafting tender briefs to ensure effective and robust procurement's
- Preparing planning and development briefs
- Providing strategic direction to programme boards
- Acting as the subject matter expert for development appraisals
- Managing dependencies and the interface between projects
- Overseeing project and programme budgets and providing performance management metrics
The Requirements To be considered as a Project Manager, you will need:
- Regeneration experience (however, town planning experience would be considered in lieu)
- Project management experience gained within the public or private sector including a PM qualification (such as a PRINCE2)
- Experience of supporting the delivery of major developments
- An understanding of UK plan making
- Strong programme and project management skills, including the ability to consult, plan, monitor and evaluate
- The ability to write reports and deliver presentations and reports to successfully engage a wide spectrum of audiences, including senior managers and elected members
- Enthusiasm, focus and drive A degree and/or relevant planning, surveying or project management qualifications would be highly beneficial to your application. Public sector experience would also be an advantage.