Contract: Senior Flexible Engineer / FranceClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Suresnes, Île-de-France, France|
Integrated within the RIAU team the engineer will be supporting tender and/or project for the technical follow-up of the flexible package. He will also contribute to the development of in place analyses of riser, static jumpers.
Under the responsibility of the RIAU lead engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand Client needs develop specification for Suppliers.
- interface with project team, engineering teams and SCM
- support the selection of the Supplier through technical evaluation
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to flexible, subsea hardware and topside interface.
- Undertake, and check others', analysis, design and engineering activities associated with flexible cross section, terminations, bend restrictors,
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API 17J, DnV, ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
- Perform the in place design analysis with Orcaflex, as per design brief and basis,
- develop the documentation package and the studies linked to the sizing and analysis of the dynamic riser system / static jumper system
- Be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
- ensure progress and compliance of the supplier in close interface with SCM function
- Follow-up flexible design activities, fabrications and testing.
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning, etc.
- Ensure that know-how is transferred within the discipline. Attend to discipline meeting as required.
- Capability profile - Knowledge, skills, experience
- MSc or Phd in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics, you have at least 7 years of relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, in flexible design either as company representative, contractor representative or Flexible Supplier design engineer.
- You are proficient in FEA modeling and you know well Orcaflex software.
- Your English is fluent
- Technical expertise to flexible design and fabrication process as well as reporting creation by vendors as part of a qualification program.
Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined systems engineering team
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability in Vendor and 3rd Party management
- Ability in working in multicultural group
Systems where a further knowledge is a plus;
- Knowledge and ability to deal with in place / installation analyses of flex/umbilicals
- Naval architecture,
- Umbilical system design
- Offshore experience
- Python knowledge
- Majority of the work is carried out in the regional main office site - Suresnes.
- Offshore / Off-site location during project Execution phase as required.
- Working hours according to local regulation and Company's policy