Contract: Senior Planner - Oil and Gas industry / France
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
|Location:||Suresnes, Île-de-France, France|
Overview Of Role
- The Senior Planner shall be part of the Planning department resource pool.
- The role is responsible for implementing, maintaining and follow-up of all planning activities within a project/ tender including interface with other Project Controls roles.
- Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Support tender activity when applicable, prepare all deliverables in accordance with Client, the company and GPC planning procedures and review ITT for qualifications; be pro-active and propose plan and solution to tender team.
- Prepare schedule basis document for client and internal use when working on project or tender; provide clarity on assumptions, critical paths, float, risks and opportunity.
- Understand projects'/ tenders' needs; identify and address planning scenarios and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Be forecast oriented, anticipating and alerting at early stage issues & impacts.
- Establish, maintain and follow up plans/networks and progress for new and established projects in accordance with Client, the company and GPC Planning procedures.
- Development and maintenance of the Baseline schedule for Client's approval including agreed S-curves and reporting formats.
- Development of project specific procedures including Work Breakdown Structure and progress measurement methods in accordance with Client's requirements.
- Organise flow of planning and progress information with internal and external sources, including establishing reporting routines for sub-contractors and follow up of progress.
- Prepare reports as requested; progress, critical paths, float management, deviations, forecast.
- Implementation of sub-contractors plans into main schedule/plan.
- Assure that schedule impact of changes related to the scope of the contract get analyzed in due time and implemented into relevant plans and be pro-active in early identification of deviations and corrective actions.
- Participate, assuring good communication and follow up of internal and external activities in the project. Reporting consequences/changes related to planned progress according to agreed reporting frequency.
- Prepare schedules as requested and by anticipation, proposing scenarios; detailed schedules, what-if simulations/ scenarios.
- Prepare smart presentation for the Project/ Tender team to discuss, summarize and validate the planning assumptions and basis.
- Keep record of main changes made to schedules through various revisions on tender/ project.
- Record and back-up all as-built and Lesson learned, official and working document to ensure benchmark and handover.
- Actively work together with other Project Controls disciplines to ensure quality in deliverables.
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge of key areas of planning, sharing with other collaborators and contribute to foster planning awareness.
- Actively contribute to the discipline development and performance improvement.
- Work in accordance with the company and GPC process.
- Functional Project Controls/ Services Manager
- Functional Lead Planners
- Functional Tender Technical or Commercial Lead or Tender Lead
- All relevant project personnel
- Industry partners
- Appropriate professional bodies
Preferred Experience and Education
- Professional qualifications - Education equivalent to degree in engineering and administrative discipline.
- Software: Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the offshore environment.
- Previous project experience.
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in planning (> 5 years recommended).
- Good level of English.
- Advanced knowledge in key areas of planning techniques and analysis.
- A good understanding of current Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and Offshore Installation processes in the Oil and Gas Sector.
- Pro-active and open in communication with all interfacing parties.
- Autonomous & team player.
- Independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work for self and others.
- Understanding of the Offshore Oil and Gas industry.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020