Contract: Document Controller - Commercial Port & Marine Services / UAE
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
|Location:||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
Document Controller - Commercial Port & Marine Services
Division - Maritime Cluster
Reporting To - Business Development Manager
SECTION I: JOB PURPOSE
To Support the Maritime Cluster function in the timely, accurate and efficient preparation and management of documents, controlling the numbering, sorting, filing, storing and retrieval of both electronic and hard copy documents produced by the Maritime Commercial and Business Development teams, project Leaders or associated departments. Additionally, as part of your purpose as a Document Controller you are expected to train employees. The training will focus on the correct way to create and fill out company documents.
SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Organize and Archive Documents
Manage the organisation and storage of documents. This will involve scanning documents, copying documents, physically or electronically filing documents, organising documents and ensuring documents are saved and safeguarded from theft or destruction, as per the retention schedule.
Fulfill Document Retrieval Requests
You will be responsible in the handling of the retrieval of documents either as directed by employees of the Maritime Cluster, Abu Dhabi Ports Departments or clients. As part of this function you are expected to make a record of every request, log the requests in a database system and then provides the requested materials, quickly and efficiently.
As part of the role of a Document Controller, on a regular basis you must edit or review the documents to manage the control of all documents in as per the guidelines set out by the Maritime Cluster.
As part of your duties within this role, you will also be tasked with training employees in the proper way to create or fill out company documents. This training will on occasion will involve assisting clients with filling out proper paperwork and with the filing process of the documents.
• Implement and maintain document control processes and procedures.
• Develop and maintain the Document Management System.
• Manage all flows of documents either in electronic form or on paper support.
• Ensure Document Management accordingly to established procedures or standards (documents numbering, formats, issuance, review, dispatch, recording and archiving).
• Maintain and manage electronic and hard copy documents as required.
• Process incoming documentation.
• Process outgoing documentation.
• Makes sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are distributed internally and externally (Clients and Suppliers).
• Ensure control and coordination of projects documentation and data.
• Ensure all drawings/documentation are correctly identified, distributed and filed/stored.
• General document control activities such as photocopying, scanning, analysis of suppliers documents compliance with Project standards regarding numbering and all others aspect related to document quality.
• Assistance in the preparation collation and issue of reports and registers as may be required.
• Communicate and liaise with Project Teams, Suppliers/3rd parties to agree standards, systems, efficient flow of documentation, handover and close-out of Project activity to ensure consistency in document control as required.
• Monitor technical documents review and approval in accordance with agreed schedule.
• Monitoring of documentation progress in cooperation with the project planner.
• Produce internal and external (Clients and Suppliers) over-due reports.
• Ensuring the use of standardised forms and templates.
• Set-up Projects folders and facilitate Project communication process.
• Establish and maintain the Master Document Register in cooperation with the Maritime Cluster Commercial Team or Project team.
• Collate, produce and submit Documentation for Clients.
- Strong IT skills in MS office including outlook, excel and word.
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to multitask
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient typing skills
- Minute taking
Educational and Technical Qualifications:
- Higher diploma or equivalent Experience
- Appropriate experience in similar position with experience of Port Marine Services (preferred).
- Advanced interpersonal abilities including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You should have the following attributes and Experience:
- Considerable experience in managing quality documentation functions in an ISO certified environment.
- In-depth knowledge of quality management operations, Tender Processes, preferably from within a marine service environment.
- Sound knowledge in the use of web-based tools, MS Outlook, WORD, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in supporting teams across fast paced marine sector.
- Written and Spoken English & Arabic (preferred)
- Minimum 5-10 years of maritime experience in a similar role.
- Ports & Shipping industry experience, with a Marine Service Background (Preferred), experience in a similar role.
PURPOSE OF INTERACTION
From using a collaborative approach assist in the document control process.
To understand the requirements of the business verticals within the Maritime Cluster to maintain, grow and develop with a synergetic approach.
Abu Dhabi Ports Clusters
Work closely with Abu Dhabi Ports Commercial, Strategy and Business Development, to share knowledge/intelligence to aid expansion of the existing and future business through a shared goal.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020