Communications & External Affairs Manager - Contract - 12 months+ / Iraq
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months+|
Our Client is seeking a C&EA Manager who will play a lead role in conceptualizing, planning and implementing the organizations' internal and external communications, overseeing local stakeholder relations, and social investment. They will advise leadership team on issues and developments related to community, political and reputational risks. He/she supervises the communications manager and external affairs manager and ensures the team are equipped with the necessary tools to carry out their jobs effectively. Operating in Iraq presents a unique set of challenges and the C&EA manager is heavily involved in identifying, monitoring, mitigating and advising on risks.
Key accountabilities include;
* Represents the organisation with local government authorities, community leaders, and other stakeholders to manage and mitigate reputational and non-technical risks. Maintains stakeholder mapping.
* Prepares departmental annual budget and provides regular financial reporting.
* Prepares communications and external affairs (C&EA) annual operating plan identifying milestones and KPIs, subsequently providing periodic performance reports.
* Briefs and advises the country leadership on regional political developments and potential business impacts.
* Support country leadership during events and strategic speaking opportunities to external audiences to promote and drive strategic priorities and brand reputation.
* Manages C&EA third party contracts and contractors.
* Identifies and mitigates external and community risks and maintains departmental risk register.
* Manages the social welfare (community investment) fund. Works with community stakeholders to identify suitable strategic projects and liaises with government stakeholders to achieve approvals.
* Provides leadership and strategic direction on all social responsibility matters and supports operational planning by providing technical input.
* Oversees the community engagement strategy and lines of communication to facilitate effective, early and on-going communication and constructive dialogue.
* Builds organisational awareness to effectively manage social impacts and social responsibility issues.
* Develops, maintains and delivers integrated communications strategy.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Relevant university degree, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree (e.g. Masters) would be an advantage
* A highly skilled C&EA professional with 10+ years of experience in the design and delivery of C&EA strategy and implementation.
* Demonstrable experience in identifying and mitigating external and non-technical risks.
* Significant experience in direct communities-related work for large-scale projects and a demonstrable understanding of social, political and community issues in Iraq.
* Extensive experience working with multiple stakeholders, including governments, communities, third-party contractors/ NGOs and media.
* Experience identifying, documenting, developing and implementing community development programs/ strategies.
* Demonstrated experience of effectively leading, managing and energizing people and teams as well as influencing change.
* Strong analytical skills in areas relevant to social and political risk along with strong negotiation skills.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, think strategically and analytically.
* Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills and ability to manage relationships effectively with internal/external stakeholders.
* Ability to build rapport and exercise diplomacy in communication with external stakeholders and deliver effective messaging tailored to a diverse audience.