Corporate Communications Head / Qatar
|Duration:||Permanent - permanent|
The Head of Internal Communications is responsible to build an engaging internal image of the organisation by developing a steady flow of strategic content; establishing a visible leadership; an enhanced organisational culture and to promote the organisational values and its people.
The Head of Internal Communications maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business activities in general, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
The role requires the candidate to develop a broad network at all levels of the organization and the know-how to reach a broad audience using strategic content and communication.
Budget responsibility equates to the region of 105 USD/Year
The position will be responsible for four direct reports.
1. Develop and provide strategic direction and leadership of the internal communications strategy, engagement plans and procedures in alignment with the department strategy
2. Provide guidance to the leadership, senior and mid management on the manner in which messages and key activities are communicated to ensure consistency and clarity
3. Advise and deliver effective and strategic communications partnership to two of the five business Priorities and their leaders: HSE (Safety), People (HR), Operations (Operations), Finance (FBS) and Future (Major Projects & Reservoir and Geosciences)
4. Map internal stakeholders and develop detailed communication plans for assigned entities
5. Guide team to deliver effective communications tailored for different internal audiences and provide accurate, consistent and quality updates to the organisation on overall strategy and performance
6. Provide tools and content to management to develop a culture based on two-way flow of information
7. Develop diverse communication channels as the appropriate means for communicating with the employees
8. Establish strong interpersonal business relationships to facilitate work activities
9. Implement effective processes and workflows to meet the organisational needs
10. Optimise and manage the allocated budget by the Manager.
11. Demonstrate proficiency in SAP and financial processes
12. Contribute to increasing employee engagement by measuring employee attitudes and developing strategies to respond to employee feedback and needs thereby ultimately increasing employee engagement and performance
13. Evaluate the effectiveness of communication processes to assess whether they are meeting the needs of the business, leadership and employees
14. Manage, motivate, coach and develop the team to agreed individual objectives and develop a culture of continuous improvement
15. Work collaboratively with the Public Relations & Communication Manager and section heads to ensure the effective delivery of a joined up internal and external key objectives and tactical day-to-day requirements
16. Develop and upskill national team members to assume higher roles
17. Demonstrate leadership through personal high standards of quality and service, aligned to company values
18. Provide clear and effective communication response to crisis or emergency situations to reassure and guide employees when needed
19. Participate fully in crisis response training and assist during emergency response situations if required (on/off shore)
20. Ensure cost efficiencies in all cost related activities
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
1. Role is based in the corporate office (onshore)
2. Offshore visit is expected
3. Emergency Response Team member
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Degree in B.A/B.S in Business Administration, Marketing, journalism and Communications or studying towards a Master's degree qualification in a similar discipline.
2. Over 10 years of experience in similar role and 5 years in the oil and gas Industry
3. Proven track record in Marketing and Communications
4. Experience in crisis communication
5. Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Arabic would be advantageous.
6. Self-motivated and committed to produce high quality work
7. Ability to work in a multicultural environment
8. Leadership skills, ability to coach and develop team members, ability to work transversally and to constructively challenge and influence others.