Manager (Chartering & Bulk Operations) / Malaysia
|Duration:||Permanent - perm|
* To perform, execute and facilitate all related activities in handling chemical tankers transportation of the company as well as companies' chemical product in a cost efficient and in compliance to all the rules, regulations and standards set by the organization as well as the industry. This is done under setup based in Kuantan.
* Execute pre and post fixture of chemical parcel tanker operations or shipments.
* Administer execution of Contracts of Affreightment including day to day chartering activities, forecast review, KPI measurement and communication with Regional Procurement team.
* Negotiate freight and terms & conditions of spot vessels.
* Liaise and coordinate with ship owners/shipbrokers in fixing ships and completing execution of the charter.
* Liaise with internal stakeholders and companies in planning and fixing parcel tanker shipments.
* Handle complexity of volume and destination bundling to optimise freight saving.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree in Business Administration / Supply Chain & Logistic
* At least 6 years of experience in commercial, operations, post fixture and chartering function in an international shipping company
* Possess a Chartered Membership with the Institute of Chartered Shipbroker (ICS) and/or Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) is an added advantage
* Possess excellent problem solving, analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills with can-do attitude
* Self-motivated, independent, result-oriented team player and able to work under high pressure in a dynamic growing environment
* High proficiency of English, Microsoft Office and SAP
* Ability to effectively use business research tools, technologies, methodologies and commercial databases