Cost Control Lead / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
Home Office Cost Lead
LNG Project is looking for a Cost Lead to support the pre-execution and execution of the Project. This position would be located in The Woodlands, Texas. This position reports to the Project Controls Manager.
* Support develop, implement and manage effective project controls for the project. Including recording, controlling, forecasting and reporting of cost, change, progress, invoicing, authorizations of expenditure and cash flow projections.
* Preparation of weekly and monthly cost reports and other financial analysis for the project.
* Preparation of budgets in conjunction with engineering and construction team members.
* Promote the identification of potential areas of concern or improvement, to maximize cost effectiveness on projects and work practices.
* Provide ad-hoc cost control support / advice to project team members and project management.
* Liaise with project team members to clarify cost related issues, provide timely review of monthly invoices to ensure payment in accordance with contract terms and develop/analyze project costs.
* Support negotiation of EPC contract exhibits for cost, milestone payments, progress payments, earned value measurement, change orders, and unit rates.
* Utilize Continuous Improvement processes to ensure consistent quality and fit-for-purpose outcomes.
* Input and analyze data in the cost control applications to ensure project data integrity.
* Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices, etc. Understand and follow project HSE procedures.
* Supervise any supporting roles in the project cost control area
* Other tasks as required by Project Controls Lead.
* Ensures Company guidelines and process are implemented and followed within the project.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in engineering and construction within the oil and gas industry. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
* Solid technical skills, with thorough knowledge of project control principals and work methods including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Earned Value Measurement (EVM), Critical Path Scheduling (CPS) and Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA).
* Experience supporting cost control of LNG and/or mega Deep-Water projects is preferred.
* Management of Lump Sum Projects, from an owner team perspective.
* Knowledge of project management and project controls principles and concepts.
* Proficient hands on experience with project management tools, i.e., cost management (Omega), as well as having strong MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word capabilities. Experience in other Project Management software is a benefit.
* Working in a resource constrained environment.
* Strong problem solving and analytic capabilities.
* Ability to manage a broad spectrum of business activities under stressful conditions.
* Effective communication skills - listening, verbal and written. Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required with a knowledge of Portuguese being beneficial.
* Responsible and accountable working to high performance standards.
* Ability to pass Company physical, drug screen and background security check.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related field is required.
Certificate of Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI, or similar industry recognized training is a plus.
Domestic and international travel is required for this position and will vary over the life cycle of the project.
1. The Woodlands TX: Office based working a 5 day / 40 hour schedule.