Environmental Specialist - Carbon & Emissions / Home Based
|Duration:||Permanent - permanent|
This role sits within a global specialist team, focused on driving health, safety, environmental and sustainability processes to ensure that standards and procedures are communicated, implemented and measured across all key sites globally.
You will focus on ensuring a carbon-neutral & emission operation of key sites and plants across the UK & Europe, whilst support business unit with practical solutions to ensure compliance and excellence in all environmental and carbon- focused matters.
* Provide excellent services to Business Line operations for managing existing contamination. and preventing future ones. Tracks, assesses and reports on emerging trends in the functional scope.
* Supports business lines and local operating units to ensure that area of responsibility is compliant with company and legal sustainability standards, regulations and guidelines.
* Drives behavioural change to continuously improve sustainability performance through coordinated company-wide performance improvement programs and initiatives.
* Facilitates the sharing of best practices, support in the development of environmental programs, and applies standardized processes to deliver consistent sustainability support globally.
* Supports delivery of annual plans and the implementation of sustainability objectives within area of responsibility in alignment with Global Sustainability strategy.
This company are one of the most recognized and respected players in their market sector. Through offering innovative and sustainable solutions to the global power and energy market, they are continuing to grow and develop the services and technologies delivered to customer both in the UK and internationally. This division of the business, specialises in solutions for the global power transmission and distribution markets.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Goal-focused with a hands-on mentality, alongside a willingness to provide critical services and solutions.
* State of the art expertise in carbon-neutral techniques, with expertise in related EU based regulations and proven experience in legacy carbon and pollution management.
* Good interpersonal skills allowing interfacing various governmental agencies at regional level.
* Capable of working autonomously with remote teams and delivering in complex working environments.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Experience in the energy/power sector including manufacturing
* Advance knowledge in worldwide remediation regulations
* Experience in interfacing regulatory bodies in various countries
* Additional European language is an advantage