Civil Structural Designer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA|
CIVIL STRUCTURAL DESIGNER
Job responsibilities are focused on preparing 3D CAD design models using the Smart 3D (S3D) software tool and creating 2D drawings in SmartSketch for construction packages. Types of Civil design models and drawings will include a variety of concrete foundation systems (i.e. deep and shallow foundations), piling, site plans, and underground drainage etc. The Designer shall also be responsible for creating S3D models of steel structures such as pipe racks, access platforms, skids, and pipe supporting systems.
The types of industry include; Air Separation Units (ASU), Hydrogen Processing Units, and LNG facilities.
- Create S3D models for foundations and conceptual layouts for steel structures.
- Complete detailed design drawings for foundation systems.
- Create Civil drawings for site construction activities.
- Review vendor submittals and equipment reference drawings.
- Check drawings.
- Interface with Design teams - Piping, Stress Analysis, Mechanical & Machinery, and Electrical & Instrumentation etc.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical school education with CAD or Associate Degree in Drafting.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of CAD experience in modelling & creating design drawings, S3D, Smart 3D, SmartPlant, SmartPlant 3D, and SmartSketch.
- Create and populate 2D drawings from 3D models with minimal guidance from others.
- Must show attention to detail and possess the ability to work independently over time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.