Highways Project Engineer - Capital Schemes / EnglandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Role: Highways Project Engineer - Capital Schemes
Location: Home Counties
Are you an experienced Project Engineer with a background within Highways Schemes including strategic improvements to the network? Are you looking for an opportunity to manage the delivery of an annual programme of capital works? Then a key strategic role within the Highways team of a Market leading Civil Engineering Contractor could be for you.
My client is looking to recruit a Project Engineer with a variety of Highways experience including; Major Schemes, Intelligent Traffic Systems, traffic calming, footways, cycleways, pedestrian crossings, drainage, safety barriers, highway signs, road markings, road studs and Traffic Regulation Orders.
The successful candidate will be required to develop, plan, design and manage the delivery of projects to meet stakeholder requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Deliver capital funded maintenance and improvement projects.
- Co-ordinate and integrate resources.
- Engage with key stakeholders in the development, design and implementation of projects.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work with Local Area Technicians and Area Managers to ensure works take account of their local knowledge.
- Manage the scheme budgets.
- Assist in the submission of Target Costs.
- Preparation of detailed design, feasibility studies, scheme reports, contract data and site specific information.
- Ensure that all scheme designs comply with appropriate specifications.
Ideal Qualifications include:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in civil engineering, structural engineering or other relevant subject.
- Detailed knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression.
Please contact me as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.