District Engineering Assistant General Manager / Egypt
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
District Engineering Assistant General Manager
- District Engineering (DE) currently consists of four Operations Divisions (area teams) covering the asset groups in GoS. Each team is headed by an Assistant General Manager (AGM). The national staff mostly works a 2-week rotation cycle, with approximately 25 on site at any one time.
- The Operations Divisions are responsible for all aspects of field related production engineering work in the GOS. You work closely with the other Expat and National Managers, as well as with the Engineering Managers in Cairo.
- Establish DE team goals and objectives in areas focusing on HSE, Integrity Management, Production and People development.
- Review all well-work procedures to ensure quality engineering programs are prepared and engineered in accordance with accepted industry practices.
- Oversee Well Integrity Management.
- Ensure proper quality engineering analyses is conducted with regard to monitoring and optimizing well performance and plant performance, completion operations, scale and flow assurance issues. Coach and mentor in this area as required.
- Coordinate with Operations staff and personnel to ensure rigless workovers, well tests, and wireline jobs are prioritized and executed efficiently.
- Transfer best practice to build experience and competence.
- Coordinate key activities with other Engineering Supervisors and Managers in Cairo to ensure agreement and alignment on strategic long-term plans.
- Assist the operations leadership team on ad hoc requirements as needed.
- Facilitate team's participation in Well x Well Reviews with Cairo Reservoir Engineering staff.
- Manage measurement team focused on well testing using Multiphase Flow Meters (MPFMs), Coriolis, Venturi, dP, and sonic meters as well as a portable test separator. Provide overall measurement strategy to improve allocation.
- Provide support to the Emergency Response team and incident investigation as necessary.
- Ensure succession plans are in place for both expatriate and national staff.
- Teamwork and the effective relationship building with expats and national counterparts are critical skills.
- Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Considerable patience, empathy and cultural agility.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Above average interpersonal skills and ability to resolve conflicts and differences within and beyond the team.
- Recognition of individual's skills so that they can be applied where best suited for maximum impact.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environment and priorities.
- Ability to maintain composure in extremely difficult situations.
- Good understanding of production engineering skills.
- Ability to prioritize and focus team efforts given limited manpower and equipment resource limitations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Substantial experience in production engineering and well-work.
- Hands-on field experience in gas lift, waterflood management, well stimulations, scale mitigation and basic reservoir management.
- Experience with production chemistry.
- Offshore experience.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2019