Offshore Production Manager / EgyptClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Offshore Production Manager
- The Offshore Production General Manager is responsible for safe, reliable and compliant production of oil and gas from the Gulf of Suez. The Offshore Production division is split into three geographical areas, for which the post holder will be responsible for one. The successful candidate will also be expected to cover the Offshore Production General Manager position covering the whole of GoS including wireline and production services teams.
- Overall, the Offshore Production Division has a rotational staff of approximately 400 national employees and 10 expat secondees. Activities managed include topsides production, vessel & helicopter logistics and prioritization, operational integrity, planned shutdowns/turnarounds, well-intervention, pipeline survey and repair, diving, and emergency-response. Applicants' experience should cover these areas.
- The post-holder must be able and willing to coach Egyptian national supervisors and staff in sustaining and extending the progress made in areas of HSE, process safety, operational integrity, planning and competence. A key focus of our Performance Contract is the development of front-line supervision in the management of HSE, Process Safety and Production.
- A strong technical and operations background is essential, along with a convincing track-record of coaching staff to sustained improvements in HSE and production performance.
- The ability to liaise closely with all other departments offshore and onshore are key to success in this role, responsible for setting priority for production, project and construction which are fundamental to ensuring the correct focus is given to both safety and production.
- The Offshore Production General Manager is expected to be a leader in process safety, ensuring that process safety is not only embedded and is understood by staff, but provide the leadership, support, drive and energy within the team to make Process Safety "business as usual" and be able to demonstrate year on year improvement through PSIM.
- Applicants must have the technical strength and leadership behaviours to quickly gain credibility in this environment. This is essential to be able to lead by influence within the team and across both Ras Shukheir and Cairo boundaries, but also to take a strong hands-on approach to operational integrity and HSE issues as required.
- Ability to chair meetings with a strong, patient and considered style in order ensure that the meetings remain well structured, all issues raised and addressed and all understand and agree any actions. The ability to track and follow up on any outcomes with dogged determination.
- Flexibility is required to deliver management leadership, and also to provide direct technical input, frequently at a very detailed level.
- Considering the size of the offshore operation, and its remote location, managing resources and logistics planning are areas of utmost importance. The candidate will be expected to support upcoming developments in the activity planning process.
- There is a very strong focus on maximizing short-term production, so the post- holder must be proven at working with others to implement innovative methods of doing this within difficult cost and technical constraints, whilst protecting longer term production continuity, meeting HSE standards and safety and operational integrity.
- The successful candidate needs to set clear direction in line with our Performance Contract, work successfully with his team to execute that, and be tireless in follow-up. Sensitivity combined with hard-edged determination is needed to coach the team towards the level of disciplined operational performance we have promised.
- Self- motivation, initiative, self-reliance, and stamina are essential.
- This is a key bp position and a great opportunity for a high-calibre person to deliver performance in all areas of operations-integrity, production-efficiency, emergency-management, and people-development.
- Minimum 10 years in operational environments, with strong field and offshore focus.
- Operations logistics, prioritization, execution planning, production optimization.
- Patience, tolerance, perseverance to work within large complex organization where English is second language. Strength-of-character sufficient to relentlessly drive forward on the basics of prudent operation, to not be discouraged about how much effort that takes, and to share the success of improvements (regardless of how these might compare to other operating environments).
- Experience in Most-of-World location and Joint Venture.
- Brown-field experience, and working with integrity challenges.
- Engineering or Science based degree.
The successful candidate must be mobile and available for a minimum 3 year posting in this position. There may be opportunities for a further equally/more-challenging role beyond that period.