Technical Buyer / Netherlands
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
|Location:||The Hague, Netherlands|
We are urgently recruiting for a Technical Buyer to start as soon as possible.
For this position, the duration of the assignment will be for at least one year with possible extension.
Onshore - in Den Haag
Onshore: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Flexible work times between 07.30 and 18.00 hours
Work will be performed under COMPANY's authority and supervision
General information department
The Procurement team at our client’s location is responsible for the issues of about 4000 Orders, covering about 15000 line items. The annual value of the realised orders is estimated at 100M EUR.
The Technical Buyer we are looking for is responsible to issue a part of these orders together with his / her colleague.
The Technical Buyer is responsible for the following activities:
H3SE & Compliance
- Issue purchase orders in respect of H3SE Company rules, procedures, instructions and applicable legislation;
- Ensure compliance of the purchasing process with Company’s rules, ethics and applicable laws and regulation (JV rules, Country laws...), as well as the General Terms and Conditions in force;
- Ensure the good administration, filing and update of all the purchasing documents in SAP and ensure that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms, etc..., are filed in line with the applicable procedures;
- Ensure an efficient procurement process, ordering together with the colleagues the required materials and services, with the objective to optimise the balance between price, delivery and quality and to avoid any shortages of materials/services, which may expose the company to operational or production problems;
- Ensure that RFQ are issued where possible;
- Negotiate quotations provided by the contractor/vendor in the best interest of our client, using the available techniques, such as market info, reference price, cost model, should cost, target price, statistical info and market index;
- Ensure that all steps of the procurement process are performed correctly (purchase requisition, RFQ, clarifications & qualifications, waiver, negotiation, technical and commercial evaluation, RTA, establish applicable conditions, purchase order) in close corporation with your partners.
- Ensure together with the expeditor the delivery of the order (acknowledgement of the order, delivery of the material).
Purchasing is vital to ensure continuity of affiliate’s operational and production activities. The job involves regular contact with local and international suppliers.
The Technical Buyer works permanently in an interdisciplinary environment where he/she establishes purchase documents in relation with operations and functional entities. The position of the Technical Buyer is a key function in controlling the expenditure of the company.
In the current economic situation, the main role of the Technical Buyer is to challenge the external providers to discuss the costs by means of negotiations and RFQ. Optimising the costs has to be done in a continuous balance with delivery times and quality.
This creates a complicated environment, wherein the jobholder has to deal with many interfaces inside and outside the company. The Technical Buyer has to operate in accordance with the planned activities, but also be able to react quickly and efficiently in case of operational changes and breakdown situations which may affect the performance of the service, the safety of the installation or
The Technical Buyer is accountable for the issue of orders related to goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. The Technical Buyer shall perform the procurement activities in compliance with our client’s Code of Conduct, the Ethical charter, the applicable procedures and the local rules and regulations which will be provided when assigned for this position.
- MBO / HBO in technical discipline such as mechanical or electrical & instrumentation.
Additional Requirements / Competences
- > 5 years of professional experience in the oil & gas industry or petrochemical industry and > 2 years of
- Professional experience in procurement.
- Special skills:
- Team player
- General understanding of oil and gas activities and of the required equipment/material/services.
- Strong negotiator.
- Experience with maintenance activities and maintenance equipment.
- Accurate administrative skills.
- Specific tools: experience with SAP or similar ERP system
- Languages and level: English, excellent expression in speech and writing.
Are you interested and available and looking for an long term assignment with one of the largest Oil Companies worldwide, please don’t hesitate to apply directly or contact me for more information.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020