Marine Traffic Coordinator / Canada
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
|Salary:||CAD65 - CAD70 per hour|
We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Marine Traffic Coordinator for a 6 month contract in Kitimat, BC. The shift is 5 on 2/ off (10 hour days). Housing will be provided.
- Manage the marine traffic activities in Port of Kitimat.
- Manage interfaces with marine contractors, and other port users.
- Take measures to maintain order and safety of persons and property within the Port of Kitimat.
- Inform and advise safety of navigation by Project vessels.
- Inform and advise safety of on-the-water Project activities.
- Inform other port users of Project – related safety concerns, incidents or marine transportation.
- Coordinate where possible ship, vessel and marine construction works and movements with other port users to reduce navigational conflicts.
- Assist and support Project marine emergency response.
- Assist in the marine administration for technical documents and report writing.
- Assist in developing marine operational procedures ensuring that all marine related activities are covered by fit for purpose processes.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Terminal Operation Manual, Port Information Book and associated documents.
- Support the planning and coordination logistics for marine related activities.
- Assist with monitoring marine contracts and project compliance with Canadian and International Regulations.
- Assist with Health, Safety, Security, Environmental (HSSE) compliance for marine activities at the terminal.
- Coordinate with external contractors, arrange meetings and logistic arrangements.
- General assistance with Marine operations team on a day to day basis.
- Marine Deck / Maritime Studies
- Port and Logistics knowledge together with 3-5 years of experience in the marine industry (port operations preferred).
- Knowledge and experience of marine activities, waterfront risk management, vessel operations, information requirements for Port Information Guide, port operating procedures for mooring, bunkering, oil spill and marine emergency response, and marine traffic coordination etc.
- Vessel scheduling and marine traffic rules and conflict resolutions.
- Safe marine operations understanding and supervision.
- Water front risk management for marine operations and jetty construction.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Energetic, self-motivated team player, respectful with strong work ethic.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Understanding and Compliance with Health, Safety, Security and Environment regimen requirements.
- Understanding of Canadian Regulations (CSA 2001) and major International Maritime Standards (SOLAS, ISM, ISSC, BWM, etc.).
- Maritime Operational Support Services.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office XP, Outlook express, PowerPoint Presentations, SharePoint, Excel Spreadsheets, Simply Safety Programs etc
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020