Technical Safety Engineer - International E&P Company / Denmark
|Location:||Copenhagen Municipality, Denmark|
Would you like to be part of our international Oil & Gas business, and work as a Technical Safety Engineer on development projects where you will be able to influence concepts and engineering solutions with your experience and input?
The development projects consist of multiphase tie- back to host platforms with establishment of wellhead platforms, pipelines and brownfield modifications at host platforms.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Be an active member of the Facilities team and influence the selection of concepts and engineering solutions with your technical safety input and experience
- Review the offshore / onshore technical safety design on the project prepared by external parties (contractors, host operators) and ensure they are compliant with requirements (e.g. with Basis of Design, Scope of Work documents, standards and legislation) and fit for purpose
- Review of contractor Technical Safety Documents, such as Safety Strategies, Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Fire and Explosion Risk Assessment (FERA), SIL Assessment, ALARP Assessment, Design Accidental Load Specification, Hazardous Area Classification, F&G Detector, Layout, Evacuation Analysis (EA) and Safety and Health Cases.
- Support the facilities engineering activities relevant to the offshore / onshore facilities and participate in the document review of the various development concepts reports with a technical safety angle. For technical safety related documents, be the comment responsible in the review
- Advise the Company project team on the application of legislation, references, codes and standards, industry guidelines and best industry standard practices
- Ensure that effective controls are in place to manage the risk from all Process Safety hazards to an ALARP level at all times.
- Participate in and provide technical input to hazard and risk reviews such as HAZID and HAZOP
Your qualifications and core competences include that you:
- Have an engineering education at B.Sc. or M.Sc. level
- Have 10+ years' experience in oil and gas engineering activities, either with another production operator, or contractor/supplier to the oil and gas industry
- Have 8+ years' experience in Technical Safety Engineering
- Have a self-motivated and result oriented mindset, with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Have working knowledge of HAZID / HAZOP, Safety Strategies, Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Fire and Explosion Risk Assessment (FERA), LOPA, ALARP Assessment, Design Accidental Load Specification, Hazardous Area Classification, F&G Detector, Layout, Identification of Safety and Environmental Critical Elements, Performance Standards, Evacuation Analysis (EA) and Safety and Health Cases
- Have working knowledge of international technical safety standards
- Have experience with project technical safety management implementation. Previous project experience is expected.
- Have knowledge of Danish rules and regulations relating to technical safety
- Are fluent in English verbally as well as written
- Effective communicator who can influence key stakeholders