QA/QC Team Lead / UAE
Job Title : QA/QC Team Lead
Business/Department : Engineering
Reporting to : Asset Integrity Manager
Manage the Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) activities in line with Company Quality Management System (QMS), ensuring scopes are clearly defined, executed and closed out in a timely manner.
Ensure that risks related to the purchase or fabrication of equipment are adequately assessed, prioritised and managed as per the Company procedures.
Lead onshore and offshore QA/QC activities during engineering or fabrication projects.
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
- Develop / Implement a QMS, including a Quality Policy that encompasses all phases of engineering or fabrication projects.
- Define, plan and manage all QA/QC related activities, resources, schedule in accordance with the Company QMS.
- Lead and manage a multi-cultural team of QA and QC personnel on a day to day basis across multiple sites.
- Review and approve quality plans, procedures, Inspection and Test Plans developed by Engineering, Fabrication teams or Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractors.
- Ensure that the phases of the projects comply with the Company's quality standards and requirements. Establish and carry out project quality audit programmes.
- Manage third party inspection agencies, including involvements and requirements on specific projects.
- Instigate and attend regular progress and quality meetings with the Project Managers, Quality Engineers, Inspectors, Surveyors and third parties.
- Monitor project quality activities to identify any concerns and deal with these in an appropriate manner. Coordinate and communicate with the project contractor on project quality issues.
- Performs internal audits of Management Systems, external audit of suppliers and fabricators;
- Ensure that Quality Non-Conformance (QNC) reports are raised in the Company's e-system and corrective actions swiftly tracked until closure.
- Investigate QNCs, establish root causes and issue project lessons learned.
- Develop and agree Quality Key Performance Indicators and ensure that agreed data and actions necessary to deliver are provided. Ensure appropriate performance and quality measures are set and maintained.
- Prepare and communicate reports to Senior Management on the QA/QC system status.
? Degree preferably in an engineering or a quality management discipline.
? Lead auditor qualification.
? At least 15 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry, related to the production, transportation and storage of oil and gas from both offshore and onshore facilities, including pipelines.
? 10 years minimum of QA/QC experience in engineering or project environments.
? In depth understanding of the scope and application of ISO 9001.
? Experience of inspection including fabrication, welding, NDT, pressure testing and painting.
? Strong skills demonstrated in project management, leadership and contractor management.
? Demonstration of managing successful fabric maintenance project.
? Abilities to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
? Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
? Excellent in data control / management, reporting.