Planner/Scheduler Project Specialist / USA
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
Provides specialist advice and executes tasks in the provision of project planning & scheduling services to Projects. This includes the development and monitoring of plans and schedules, baselines, activity progress and completion, and identification of trends and corrective/preventative actions to influence on-budget delivery of the project's objectives.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Develops and implements planning and scheduling standards, associated methodologies, strategies and systems for a project.
- Monitors the development of the planning and scheduling deliverables.
- Reviews and verifies the progress of activities and identify schedule overruns and suggest mitigation actions that can be taken.
- Develops/reviews summary and detailed schedules and plans for a project.
- Develop resource loaded detailed schedules for Study phase, execution phase and shutdown/brownfield activities.
- Develop manpower profiles and histograms from resource loaded schedules
- Develop progress measurement system based on approved baseline and monitor/report on a regular basis.
- Validates baselines are implemented within the stipulated time and schedule variances are reported against established baseline.
- Manages the schedule range model for schedule range/risk analysis and conducts ranging workshops, including review of range results and issue schedule range/risk reports.
- Monitors compliance of contractor schedules and reports with corporate and business guidelines and consistency with the overall planning and scheduling
- Monitors implementation of standard sequencing of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and operational readiness activities on a project.
- Generates critical items report to the project and business unit highlighting material impacts and solutions.
- Analyses critical path activities and provides all possible mitigation efforts to minimise impacts.
- Assures quality, consistency and compliance of Planning & Scheduling deliverables.
- Coordinates execution of risk and quality management plans assure effective management the projects planning and scheduling scope of work.
- Compiles project/program monthly report and dashboards and verifies compliance against corporate guidelines and templates.
- Compiles weekly and monthly reports and dashboard for the project.
- 5-10 years of practical experience in a project environment focussed on Planning & Scheduling, Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Relevant experience in Planning & Scheduling in EPCM or Owners team positions.
- Prior experience in turnaround/shutdown planning and detailed resource loaded schedule development is required.
- Demonstrated experience with project management systems & techniques