Wind Turbine Troubleshooter / Japan
|Salary:||$27 - $33 per hour|
We are a specialist recruitment & mobilisation consultancy headquartered in the City of London. We specialise in senior and highly technical positions across the engineering, technology and construction sectors worldwide.
Position - WTG Troubleshooter (Onshore Wind Farm)
Wind turbine service technicians specialize in the operation and maintenance of wind turbines so they can be used to produce wind-powered electricity. Their work involves installing new turbines and performing routine maintenance to ensure the wind turbines are working correctly. These technicians also respond when a wind turbine isn't working properly and are responsible for performing repairs once they determine the cause of the problem
- Troubleshoot or repair mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions related to variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, converter systems, or related components.
- Climb wind turbine towers to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Diagnose problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems.
- Perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment, underground transmission systems, wind fields substations, or fiber optic sensing and control systems.
- Start or restart wind turbine generator systems to ensure proper operations.
- Test electrical components of wind systems with devices such as voltage testers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, infrared testers, or fiber optic equipment.
- Test structures, controls, or mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems, according to test plans or in coordination with engineers.
- Assist in assembly of individual wind generators or construction of wind farms.
- Collect turbine data for testing or research and analysis.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Fluent in English language
- At least 2 years experience and knowledge of onshore wind farms with installation and mechanical completion of wind turbine generators.
- Experienced in commissioning Wind Turbines
- Intermediate computer skills
- Flexibility in working hours
- Positive attitude and approach to day to day duties
- Demonstrated initiative to increase efficiency in operations
- Driver's licence required
- A strong commitment to ensure safety and safe working environments
If interested and suitable or would like further information regarding this position, please respond directly to me with an updated CV.