Contracts Admin Engineer / Algeria
|Salary:||GBP34 - GBP650 per annum|
Contract Administration Engineer
The Contract Administration Engineer will provide contractual support related to ongoing capex & opex project scope - such as Facility Modifications, Infrastructure Modifications, Gathering System installation, security enhancement. The main elements of scope are being performed under four "term" contracts related to Engineering & Procurement Services, Modifications & Gathering System Construction and Civil Construction.
This is an equal rotational position working 4 weeks on, and 4 weeks off based in Algeria, with the occasional need to visit Contractors as required and visit Hassi Messaoud to meet with SCM.
- Principally carry out and administer the full range of Post Contract duties & aspects associated with the main EPCM contract
- Carry out full range of pre-contract activities on a variety of greenfield and brownfield Services and Support Contracts
- Provision of contractual, support related to ongoing capex / opex project scope - such as Facility Modifications, Infrastructure Modifications, Gathering System installation for Projects Department.
- Prepare COO's (Contract Call-off Order) for both the Engineering and the Construction Contractors
- Review Contractors estimates & proposals - e.g. CTR's,
- Involved in the invitation to tender processes for new contracts
- Participate in the development of contracting strategies
- Negotiate and agree on contract extensions, variations and claims
- Negotiate with the contractor in case of scope development, changes etc
- Assure compliance with procedures/processes, and proactively introduce process improvements or simplifications where appropriate.
- Coaching and mentoring of Algerian national personnel.
- Actively promote and manage HSE requirements and goals.
- Supporting all follow-on actions for all departments, not just Projects resulting from BC approvals - SRs, ITTs
- Provision of contractual advice and support to all departments and stakeholders
- Focal point with Contractors to resolve invoicing issues
- Focal point for admin tasks associated with vendor visits and new starts (logistics, medical, management approvals etc.)
- Minimum (10) years of experience in contract management within Oil & Gas, petrochemical industry with experience of working on international projects, in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
- Expert experience of contract administration and cost estimating functions in the hydrocarbon industry with good knowledge of Contract principles and industry practices
- Experience in dealing with pre/post award contracts.
- Have a good working knowledge of multiple types of contracts and agreements
- Technical Knowledge in reviewing and finalizing various Technical Contracts.
- Good team player, with respect for other peoples cultures and perspectives
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Computer Literacy (MS Office) including the use of software applications - Essential.
- Other applications Documentum, Sharepoint, Maximo, Synergi - Advantageous.
Education / Certifications:
Degree or equivalent Quantity Surveying, Contracts, Law
- English - Essential (Fluent)
- French & or Arabic - Advantageous (or willingness to learn) but not essential