Deck Commissioning Preservation Engineer / Azerbaijan
|Location:||Baku City, Azerbaijan|
The project fabrication planned to commence in Q319. The role will be based at the Fabrication Yard in Baku, and will report to the Preservation Lead. The Preservation Engineer will be responsible for delivery of preservation and cleanliness from Supplier Works through fabrication, Installation, Commissioning and final Handover to Operations across the Topsides, Responsible for ensuring instructions regarding Project Preservation are relayed from the Specification and executed safely as per contract quality and warranty requirements.
- Coordinate and follow up with Procurement, Warehouse, Project Team, Trades, Client and Vendor for the Preservation activities, requirements related documentation and records
- Work in coordination with Commissioning Engineers and MC Engineers to define and establish systemisation and preservation database.
- Work in coordination with procurement and Client to arrange preservation requirements for different materials, equipment and packages.
- Prepare database for the entire tags and materials for which preservation is applicable and manage the database in the project completion software
- Co- ordinate with procurement, warehouse, owner's representative, trades supervisory staff as well as internally in the department for all preservation activities and related documentations
- Identify preservation check lists for each type of materials, equipment and packages and assign check sheets in the PIMS software to each tagged item as per project requirements
- Prepare preservation frequencies and schedule for the complete preservation activities
- Identify materials required for preservation and arrange to procure the same
- Issue and update the preservation check sheets in the system generate reports and send to concerned parties.
- Provide necessary guidance to execute defined preservation activities to trades and subcontractors.
- Inspect and verify preservation activities carried out and arrange client to witness critical preservations as per agreed ITP.
- Carry out surveillance inspections and make sure preservation is maintained and adequate.
- Complete preservation activities related documents and update in the software.
- Coordinate and manage warranty activities.
- Support QA/QC team (project) on preservation process pre-mechanical completion. Supervise the Contractor for the implementation of preservation.
- Provide assurance and an appropriate level of verification for the preservation activities.
- Accountable to preserve and protect equipment and material to maintain its original integrity from receipt on site to final handover of asset to owner. Maintains preservation of equipment after installation.
- Ensures initial preservation of bulk materials, including piping, valves and complete piping systems according to the company's specifications. Prepares and maintains a preservation dossier
- A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of piping construction, including knowledge of associated codes and practices.
- Experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Design / Construction Contractors and Operations entities.
- Experience with HSSE issues related to on-site construction activities.
- Understanding of Construction & Commissioning Defined Practices for both Greenfield and Brownfield projects and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.