Lead Progress Planner / ChinaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Qingdao Shi, Shandong, China|
Purpose & Accountabilities
This position will not be planning the fabrication work.
This key analytical role is for an experienced planner who is skilled in and enjoys transforming detailed progress and planning data into clear information to understand the progress and outlook of fabrication of the modules against the set targets from the EPC contractor and the Module Fabrication Yards (MFYs). These modules will be fabricated at module fabrication yards in Qingdao, China and Zhuhai, China.
The position will support the fabrication team charter:
"Determined to achieve best in class fabrication performance while demonstrating personal ownership and care for colleagues, contractors and 40,000+ workers in China by proactively overcoming obstacles through collective experiences and innovative solutions."
- Assure compliance from the EPC Contractor to the contractual
- "Integrated Project Controls" instruction for its fabrication planning and progress control and reporting activities.
- Analysing progress and planning data from the EPC Contractor and the MFY's and convert this into a clear view on the progress and outlook of fabrication per process module and group of pipe racks
- Creating and keeping up to date dashboards indicating engineering and procurement progress per module and later fabrication status per module, to supplement EPC Contractor progress reporting where necessary.
- Compile monthly progress updates and forecast completions into the Company L2 schedule
- Perform audits on actual progress statements from the Contractor and work with the client's quantity surveyors to validate progress.
- Perform trend analysis based on available progress and quantity reporting
- Support Company's schedule risk analysis
- Assess the schedule impact of requested variations requests
- Participate in regular meetings with Contractor and third parties regarding planning matters
- 50% analysing data from EPC Contractor/Yards and convert this into our view of how engineering and procurement feeding into the fabrication and the fabrication itself are progressing vs. plan, transforming data into information ("know where we are and know where we are going"). The latter involves creating and maintaining.
- The client's dashboards, progress and/or quantity curves and tables. Keep the module leads up to date on the status and the outlook of their modules
- 25% verify and analyse EPC Contractor and MFY fabrication schedules, progress and quantity curves, and manpower 3 requirements, planned versus actual, including realistic forecasts;
- 25% reporting and regular internal and external meetings to prioritize, coordinate and align, raise issues, share weak signals and look forward (e.g. weekly team meeting, weekly cross yard meeting, weekly EPC Contractor/Yard/Client meeting, module leadership team meetings, 30/60/90 days outlook meetings, one-on-one meetings with EPC Contractor counterpart). Follow up on schedule queries, raised by the clients team members, in response to EPC Contractor's letters, or actions resulting from meetings
Skills & Requirements
- Degree or Technical diploma in Engineering, Construction management, Commerce, business or similar field project management.
- Extensive experience in planning engineering
- Good amount experience in petrochemical industry
- Experience in planning projects with modular fabrication
- Project Management or Controls professional certification is desirable
- Well-versed analysing large amount of data to provide concise technical reports in easy-to-understand formats
- Worked on at least 1 mega project for several years, ideally on a Lump Sum contractual agreement
- Hands- on experience of Primavera and demonstrable database abilities (ability to convert data into information)
- Proven stakeholders (internal and external partners) engagement and communication skills
- Fluent in English both orally and written
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin would be considered an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity or looking for more information, please apply above.