Mine Engineering Lead / Indonesia
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
|Salary:||$140000 per annum|
The Mine Engineering Lead role is responsible for managing and coordinating the overall mine design and geological scope within a project or multiple projects. The projects include FEL 1 and FEL 2 studies. They are responsible to deliver their projects within scope, cost, and schedule baseline, while ensuring the projects are delivered within the safety and quality objectives agreed for the project. This position will supervise Mine Engineer, Resource Geologist, Geotechnical Engineer, Geothermal Engineer, Geo-Metallurgy Lead.
Health, Safety and Environment
Health, Safety and Environment
- Leads and actively promotes behaviors with Vale’s safety goals for all stakeholders including employees, contractors, customers and members of the community
- Accountable for achieving zero harm by participating in the design of safe working systems, site inspections and safety interactions in their project area and ensuring all follow-up actions are carried out.
- Promotes a healthy working environment.
- Functionally accountable for positions supporting their projects.
- Educates team members and peers on the Project Delivery System (PDS) deliverables.
- Leads, co-ordinates and monitors project team members performance and influences their activities as necessary to ensure project requirements are achieved.
- Communicates regularly with all staff on strategies to ensure that goals and priorities are clearly understood
- Recommends to the Manager, AP Projects and Engineering any requirements for additional resources and strategies to maintain the schedule.
- Is responsible for ensuring the mine design meets the regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction in which the project is located.
- Leads the mining technical input for the project tollgate/maturity assessments and ensures follow-up actions are completed.
- Primary interface with other Project Managers and engineering contractor to ensure no aspect of the project is overlooked or lags in progress, develops and implements recovery plans.
- Leads, co- ordinates and monitors studies and contractors to ensure project requirements are achieved.
- Works collaboratively with exploration to ensure that the correct and up to date geological models are used to optimize the mine design.
- Oversees Contract Management of their assigned contract packages to ensure timely submission of deliverables and approval of all Contract Changes.
- The Mine Engineering Lead will need to represent STM/Vale on research and industry associations related to block cave mining (i.e. UQ Caving 2040)
- Accountable for delivery of the mining and geological objectives for the FEL 1 and FEL 2 studies as agreed by the Project Director AP taking into consideration the full project lifecycle including business evaluation, engineering, procurement, project controls, contract management and quality.
- Manages and ensures compliance to project procedures including the management of project documentation and ensuring these are received, reviewed, commented, responded, and incorporated in project archives.
- Manages and coordinates the outputs of their assigned project team or teams in line with the detailed scope, cost, and schedule control baselines and manages any project changes in terms of this agreed baseline. This includes interfacing with Operations for environment, community relations, operational readiness and the project quality governance requirements.
- Mitigates project delays by coordinating the different functions and establishing priorities.
- Exercises budgetary control and forecasting to ensure costs are not exceeded without proper authority. Provide any required information to the Project Director AP to obtain additional authorization.
- Ensures measurement of progress on all contracts for reporting progress to the Project Director AP and broader team as required.
- Ensures scope forecast of cost and schedule is updated as prescribed by the project requirements.
- Oversees the reserve and resource sign-off process working with the Qualified Person to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates completion of the FEL 2 studies and the handover documents to support the FEL 3 Study within the timelines and procedures outlined.
- 11 to 15 years of experience in the mining industry
- Bachelor (or equivalent) of Mining Engineering degree
- Professional Certification of POU or equivalent to P. Eng, Chartered Engineer (Engineers Australia)
- Unwavering commitment to safety
- Experience in managing FEL 1/2/3 level studies
- Operational experience in extractive or infrastructure industries.
- Experience in large/mega project studies and their execution in extractive or infrastructure industries
- Extensive experience in the study, design, development and/or operation of block cave mines
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Ability to present detailed and complicated concepts and information succinctly.
- Ability to evaluate alternative options and recommend preferred solution while outlining benefits and downside risks.
- Ability to work with various groups and gain alignment.
- Flexibility for domestic and international travel.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020