Principal Engineer – OCTG & Premium Connections / UAE
|Location:||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Salary:||AED40,000 - 60,000|
We are working in close partnership with a leading manufacturer of OCTG products for the energy industry. The organisation is a market leader in the sector with a renowned global presence.
Due to succession planning, the organisation is seeking to recruit a Principal Engineer – OCTG & Premium Connections to lead all technical and engineering related activities on major projects in the Middle East. This is a key role within the organisation and the candidates must meet the exacting requirements.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently located in the UAE or willing to relocate
- Educated with an Engineering Degree. A Masters would be considered an advantage.
- 10+ years Oil & Gas industry experience with extensive experience within Oil & Gas drilling operations with specific focus on OCTG products
- Technical expertise in OCTG design able to interpret engineering drawings, material specifications and bills of material
- Extensive knowledge of API & industry related design specifications for OCTG & Premium Connections
- Major-project experience with expertise in end to end engineering management.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible as the technical authority for OCTG & Premium Connections engineering activities for major projects and key customers in the Middle East
- Lead end to end engineering activities from design through execution
- Work closely with customer engineering groups to ensure compliance and effective delivery of the engineering scopes
- Provide technical support to relevant functions including operations and supply chain
- Lead project specific teams through each phase of design, engineering, manufacturing and execution
- Manage customer interfaces and responsible as the focal customer point of contact for all technical and engineering activities
- Work closely and report into senior management providing status updates through project lifecyle.
This is a high visibility position and the successful candidate can expect to progress rapidly within the organisation.
In return you will receive a basic salary commensurate with experience + attractive benefits package.