Contracts Engineer / NetherlandsClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
We're looking for a contract engineer with excellent negotiation skills, to drive the performance of our contracts.
Where you fit in
This role fits in the space between our Contracting and Procurement (C&P), Turnaround (TA) and Projects teams. Based within a positive environment, you'll have access to unlimited learning and development opportunities to grow your technical, professional and leadership skills.
What's the role?
As Contracts Engineer, you're going to be immersed within the whole contracting and contract management process, ensuring our contractors meet the agreed scope, timeline and quality. That means you'll be advising on contracting strategies, before contracts are awarded. And once awarded, you'll support the process, from managing contractual issues to effectively capturing lessons learned.
More specific duties will include:
- Supporting negotiations and helping resolve any commercial and contractual issues.
- Ensuring that the business comply with the agreed contract strategies. .Supporting C&P with tendering of project or turnaround specific services.
- Developing and sharing best practices, work processes, systems and tools.
Most importantly, you'll need to embrace the challenges of working at a large and complex site, from balancing concurrent contracts, all at different process stages, to confidently nurturing strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. In addition, we'll be looking to you to find new ways of working and implement innovative solutions that'll drive performance.
What we need from you
- We're keen to talk to men and women who can show proven experience of working in Projects, Turnarounds, engineering or a contracting role. A strong knowledge and understanding of contractual principles and issues will also be an advantage.
- Along with your Bachelor's degree, you'll excel at negotiating, and be able to easily adapt your approach and communication style to suit a range of stakeholders.
- Fluently in Dutch and English.