Project Engineer - Chemical / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Employment Type: Contract, Full Time
Job Function: Engineering
II. Principal Accountabilities
* Lead assigned portion of capital program and manage all engineering and design resources.
* Assist in the development of strategic plans to meet the infrastructure needs of plants.
* Develop scope for HSS executed debottlenecking, process safety, or infrastructure projects.
* Develop estimates, funding documents, schedule, and ongoing forecasts for plant executed projects within SAP.
* Ensure all projects receive adequate process hazard reviews, Management of Change documentation, ORI's, and that all recommendations are completed in a timely manner.
* Ensure inherent process safety is adhered to on all project designs.
* Manage project safety.
* Maintain projects on budget and schedule.
* Ensure all projects meet the operability needs of the customer.
* Uphold and communicate high standards of housekeeping in assigned areas and on all job sites. Conduct frequent formal housekeeping inspections of plant areas.
* Support turnarounds and outages, with potential growth into planning and leading turnarounds.
III. Recommended Skills And Experience
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong leadership abilities
* Manufacturing plant operations, maintenance, and capital projects experience
* Role model within Project Engineering function
* High ethical standards - unwilling to compromise on worker safety and regulatory compliance requirements
* Organizational credibility - able to influence business area, engineering and manufacturing managers in decision making process
* 3-10 years' experience in maintenance and/or engineering disciplines, preferably with experience in industrial outages
* Basic understanding of operating plant environment
* Basic understanding of the process technologies employed in PPO & PST operations
* Technical degree (chemical engineering or mechanical engineering preferred)
* Experience with piping design and understanding of ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1 a plus
* Basic understanding of process controls philosophy is a plus
* Professional Engineer is a plus
* Experience with P6 a Plus
* Experience with SAP Project Systems and Maintenance Modules a Plus