Site QC Lead Engineer (Pipeline Project) / Oman
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
Site QC Lead Engineer ( Pipeline project)
- Assisting the GWES Quality Lead in developing/maintaining the project quality management system at Site including development of key quality plans and procedures.
- Participating in and maintaining an integrated audit programme covering internal and external audits conducted by the quality team covering COMPANY, CONTRACTOR AND OTHER CONTRACTOR GROUP activities. In put into the Terms of Reference (ToR) in line with audit / review plan and in agreement with auditees; Coordinate applicable COMPANY resources to support the audit; input into development of audit specific check list; attend entrance and exit meeting with the audit team; Discuss and agree findings with auditee; input and issue the audit report; Highlight serious and high risk findings to COMPANY; Ensure CONTRCATOR maintains working audit files containing objective evidence collected whilst conducting the audit. Verifies of close-out of audit / review findings.
- Participating in systems investigations, including root cause analysis with recommending actionable and sustainable learning's.
- Implementing the project quality policy, objectives, plans and supporting QA/QC procedures and to promote quality awareness throughout the project team.
- Monitoring quality throughout the fabrication, construction phases of the project. Monitoring CONTRACTORS Quality group performance as well as interfacing and providing guidance to CONTRCTORS Quality Group.
- Reviewing OTHER CONTRACTOR's QA/QC and procurement / construction management procedures to ensure compliance to COMPANY standards.
- Input in to developing construction quality programme and ensuring implementation of all procurement / construction assurance activities at the construction site and offsite locations.
- Monitoring processes related to timely response to OTHER CONTRACTOR's site quality queries / expedite query response from OTHER CONTRACTORs.
- Reviewing OTHER CONTRACTOR GROUP's quality plans, inspection and test plans and quality management system documentation
- Ensuring the implementation of COMPANY's Guidance on Certification (GOC) programme
- Monitoring execution and compliance to the construction quality programs, associated procedures, ITPs, Method Statements, construction records during audits, Implementation of Pipe tracker
- Ensuring that statutory inspection requirements are complied with during construction and commissioning.
- Coordinating verification activities of IVB and close-out of IVB verification actions from CONTRACTOR / COMPANY as directed by the GWES Quality Lead.
- Supervising activities of CONTRCTOR on site QC Engineers and QC team
- Providing site quality induction / training as required for site quality / inspection / construction personnel. Promoting quality awareness throughout the site
- Issuing quality alerts to COMPANY whenever serious risk, quality issues are found
- Auditing commissioning activities and ensure final certification packages are complete and handed over to operations team
- Preparing, weekly and monthly reports on the status of various quality activities, agreed KPI's including audit/corrective action status, NCR status etc.
- Be a graduate engineer in relevant discipline. Alternative qualification may be accepted at the discretion of COMPANY. Should also hold valid CSWIP 3.2 and/or 3.1 plus rad interpreter certification (Groups A&B).
- Be experienced in Pipeline Construction having worked to International Codes and Standards. Have an established track record in leading and managing site Quality teams. Be familiar with onshore Middle Eastern environments. Have experience in Duplex Fabrication /Construction and testing. Registered Lead Assessor with IRCA, or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- Have a good understanding and application of all NDT techniques and procedures.
- Have minimum of 10 years of relevant quality management experience in oil and gas projects covering, procurement, construction, inspection/testing and commissioning phases.
- Have supervisory skills
- Have technical knowledge of Quality Assurance processes, inspection and exposed to multi discipline works of oil and gas construction field.
- Be familiar with relevant pipeline and valves codes used in oil and gas industries.
- Preferably be familiar with practices and verification processes to support such as 'Clean Build' and 'Technical Integrity'.
- Be competent in communicating in English language, ability to produce written reports, proficient in computer in MS word, MS excel, MS
- Work as One-Team to deliver safe, reliable and operable facilities, never knowingly pass on defects.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020