|Location:||Chatham-Kent, Ontario, USA|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
* Daily and weekly tracking and reconciliation of Alliance Partner (AP) contractor costs based on source documents (i.e. timesheets) in accordance with Engineering Construction processes and procedures.
* Review AP invoices and Tracking/Forecasting reports for proper collection of incurred costs and accruals.
* Review all 3rd party invoices (accruals) incurred by APs and ensure they are up to date. Cross reference for duplication.
* Run CARS reports to verify all approved invoicing has been properly billed by APs.
* Interfacing with project managers and contractors to promptly resolve AP invoicing discrepancies.
* Arrange weekly Project Controls meeting with AP and Project Managers and take meeting minutes.
* Prepare AP project Close-out forms and AP Change Orders for Project Managers.
* Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of NDE costs (i.e. Acuren). Track costs against P.O. limits
* Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of geotechnical, electrical, third party engineering studies, as required. Track costs against P.O. limits
* Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of internal costs through SAP (i.e. SMC, lands, first nations)
* Weekly tracking and on-going reconciliation of Inspection costs (i.e. TES)
* As required, run by-weekly BPC report to update project actual costs for O&M and Integrity Capital accounts
* As required, run BPC report to update project actual costs for turnkey projects
* Preparation of weekly and up-to-date budget and variance reports, as requested by Project Manager
* Proficient in Excel
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis.
* Maintain positive working relationship with project managers and APs (Aecon Utilities and NPL Canada).
* Capability to handle multiple projects in established deadlines while managing priorities and stakeholder expectations.
NICE TO HAVES:
* College/University degree diploma in Business Administration or Accounting strongly preferred
* Experience working on construction projects in the utilities or oil & gas sectors
* Working knowledge of cost controls tools
Education / Experience:
Post secondary education Bachelors degree in financial discipline, engineering, or technical field. 0-3 years of practical experience. Certifications: Working towards a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
Duties/Technical Expertise: Assigned to projects up to $20MM/Year with typically 1 year or less in duration. Familiarity with best management practices for project control, forecasting and reporting Proficient in the use of SAP Ability to understand and implement processes for project cost control. Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with a reasonable level of supervision Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment as well as a matrix organization Familiarity with processes and procedures and can recommend process improvements. Supports Project Controls department and project management personnel. Assists in preparation of training material. Works as part of a project team. Competency Demonstration: Familiar with SETW Project Management System.
Decision Making: Capable of making decisions that are normally within established guidelines