Senior Environmental Advisor / England
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications.
|Salary:||£485 per day|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
This is a six month role for a senior environmental engineer or scientist to lead the environmental input to some key environmental technology programmes including:
Experience and Job Requirements
- Work with the team climate science modeller lead the approach and continue the development and deployment of climate modelling to help assess potential impacts from severe weather and climate change.
- provide science based understanding of climate change related to our energy transition as relevant to key aspects of the environmental technology work programmes
- support our key climate research programme with USA university by helping with communications, meetings and disseminating information
- finalise and implement the company approach to life cycle analysis to support our dual challenge of provision of energy and reducing emissions.
- Provide technical support and manage robust environmental input to our business venture investment due diligence
- Support ongoing work in the team to understand negative emission technologies, particularly those related to biological processes and help support key insights and possible opportunities for the energy transition.
- Provide technical leadership in some key environmental areas and manage projects such as helping to understand the provenance and impact of poor urban air quality.
- Link with the ongoing work on circular economy to provide environmental technical support and insights to maximise synergies with other environmental technology focus areas.
- Ad hoc support to a variety of environmentally related work that might include an ongoing study into the circular economy and broader environmental issue evaluation.
- Relevant environmental engineering or science degree (e.g. Chemical engineer or environmental science) and /or relevant Masters
Experience and Job Requirements
- Deep and broad working knowledge of environmental issues and impacts associated with oil an gas primarily but also experience of environmental issues associated with renewable energy and other energy vectors is desirable.
- Proven history of managing and delivering technical work to a high quality that meets the needs of key stakeholders
- Underpins insights and recommendations with sound scientific and technical data analysis and follows good quality control practices.
- Experience of working successfully at senior level in a multinational corporation.
- Strong communication skills with succinct report writing and presentation skills
- OneTeam player who bring business value through working with others collaboratively and grows capability by sharing information and developing others.
- Self-starter, independent and quick learner who builds on feedback, adapts and delivers in an agile way.
- Proficient user of word, excel and Client operating systems (Word 10, Microsoft office)
- Experience of visualisation through tools such as PowerBI would be helpful
How to Apply
Latest Jobs - gas turbine mechanical ta well service coordinator project engineer (piping) - oil & gas lead operator pre-commissioning bidding engineer project facility manager - oil & gas project engineer (piping) category manager - maintenance services business development manager senior project engineer - oil & gas node.js developer sharepoint support advisor senior reliability engineer - mining piping engineer project engineer - civil construction draftsperson – residential custom building – revit electricians required - multiple positions electricians required - multiple positions electrical engineer ii/iii project scheduler construction planner - oil & gas industry senior process engineer i&c engineer i superintendent - rotating and reliability learn arabic maintenance support - major oil and gas service company jr. quality inspector lead civil engineer (project) data warehouse specialist mitsubishi turbine mechanic mitsubishi turbine mechanic mitsubishi turbine mechanic chief resident engineer - dams and hydropower tunnel surveyor - global construction business chief surveyor / mätchef senior quantity surveyor micro-tunnelling machine operator bim and data co-ordinator hse coordinator - major tunnel project - construction designer for redesign of piping and pipe supports construction lead - instrument well engineer interventions consultants contracts manager estimator/surveyor/project manager piping superintendent e & i senior project engineer manager of process engineering & energy retrofit specialist - pumps - sea quantity surveyor - international visas electrical estimator mechanical estimator commercial manager V