|Location:||Dallas, Texas, USA|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
The IT Service Manager will manage a team of support analysts to support the Information Technology environment. They will also be responsible for managing the team to provide the highest level of service to the end user and includes executives, highly technical geoscientists, engineers and others. The position requires responsibility for motivating, directing and managing the service team to provide superior service and support. Relationship management is a key requirement and expectation of the person in this role, as is the ability to set proper expectations and anticipate the needs of the full spectrum of systems users.
The IT Service Manager will engage in IT project management when called to do so. This requires the full use and breadth of management and technical abilities; excellent communication skills and strong attention to customer service to enhance the role of IT in this growing company.
Essential Responsibilities and Job Duties
* Responsible for installing and testing PCs
* Solving performance issues
* Diagnosing hardware or software related problems
* Repairing end points in offices (local and remote). This will include repairing all peripherals, new-age storage devices and multiple software packages utilized in the oil & gas exploration industry.
* Answer and respond to service desk / IT support calls.
* Manage technicians that will provide after-hours support on a rotational basis.
* Assign disk space as needed for exploration projects and execute backup and restore systems.
* Handle other projects, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience
* Experience working in oil and gas industry preferred
* Minimum of 7 years of Information Technology Service/Desktop Support Team Management role experience
* Experience with US- based and international office support
* Experience working with and supporting executives and other technically oriented engineers and employees
* Experience working in a demanding support environment
* Experience working hand in hand with other teams such as IT infrastructure staff
* Experience as a PC technician or desktop support specialist
* Current certifications in (Microsoft or CompTIA) preferred
* Experience with IT issue tracking & change management software
* Experience with Windows Server & Desktop management software
* Experience with Inventory Management software
* Experience with Microsoft Centric environment - Server and desktop/laptop based
* Experience with Windows, MS Office, Exchange/Outlook
* Experience with IOS devices
* Experience with remote connectivity VPN & secure authentication software systems
* Experience with IT Assets, Inventory Management and associated software
* Experience managing and support of the audio, video and conference systems and software for offices, individuals and multipurpose rooms
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Exceptional productivity skills. Can be relied on to get the job done accurately and on time.
* Has little need for close management supervision and direction and is comfortable and effective in an informal operating environment.
* Proven ability to collaborate with team and generate solutions
* Must enjoy entrepreneurial environment that often requires developing process or procedure. Must be an energetic self-starter with a passion for their work. An engaged, "hands on" team player.
* Ability to handle and protect sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
* Proven ability to drive the strategic plan forward and meet established goals and deadlines
* Proven ability to lead work teams to meet goals and objectives
* Proven ability to develop engaged work teams and assist in their professional development
* Must be able to work with diverse employees, partners and governments from all parts of the world.
* Strong business acumen combined with interpersonal and leadership skills