Senior Canal Designer Engineer - Sri Lanka
A leading international consulting engineering company is seeking a Senior Canal Design Engineer for a water resource, irrigation project in Sri Lanka, South Asia. This is a short term position for just 4 months intermittent with a likely start date of around March / April.
- Reviewing the alignment and the design of headworks, canals, aqueducts, level crossings, regulators, and the feeder structures at the dams
- Checking the hydraulics and the capacity of the canals and improving the design of all structures if deemed necessary
- Elaborating on and proposing as necessary model tests or any other investigations for the benefit of the structures
- Advising on lining materials and types that will best suit the canals
- With the Hydraulic Structures Engineer, advising on cross drainage and flow control structures
- Advising on construction methods including methods and equipment required for lining of the canals
- Preparing detailed engineering designs, cost estimates and tender documents
- Estimating the requirement of contractor's resources (personnel, equipment, machines, materials, funds, etc.) and recommending additional resources to be mobilised to complete the canals and appurtenant structures within the contract periods
- Providing continuous representation during the construction of the tunnels and dams
- Support the health and safety engineer at each of the construction sites
- BSc in Civil Engineering, Irrigation, Water Resources or related. Post-graduate qualification would be beneficial
- 7+ years of work experience
- 5+ should be related to design and construction of new and rehabilitated large-scale canals
- Experience in developing countries, ideally in South Asia
- Familiar with donor funded projects.
If you are interested this position and would like to find out more then please apply within. If you have the relevant experience I will endeavour to get in contact with you within 48 hours.