|Salary:||USD36000 - USD72000 per annum + housing, transport, bonus|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Civil Engineer - Maintenance - (18000018) Job Description
The successful incumbent will provide a detailed a detailed technical and commercial service in coordinating Civil, Works related to shut down and Major Maintenance including both Project and Routine Works (Investment and Expense) from inception to completion.
* Providing guidance and advice to Civil Supervisors to ensure that on site works are performed to the highest standards and to ensure compliance with the company's standards and specification
* Reviewing work lists and preparing technical and tender specifications for Special Maintenance works to ensure that all works will comply with the company's standards and specifications
* Preparing and issuing Purchase Orders for all civil works to ensure that the company's purchasing procedures are applied correctly
* Ensuring that all civil works required as per RED, Engineering and Owner work lists are completed in order that the asset can be put back in service in a reliable and safe condition
* Preparing cost estimates for civil works for management approval and verifying and ensuring that contractors tendered costs are acceptable in order that the company is achieving best value and working within budget limits
* Monitoring costs on civil works and preparing reports for management to ensure that estimates are not exceeded in order that the company budgets are maintained at approved levels
* Carrying out frequent site visits to ensure that contractors work safely and in accordance with the company's EHS Regulations
* Developing and maintaining existing/new procedures and guidelines for works being done, to ensure that company standards and industry best practices are applied
* Endorsing contractors' time sheets as first/second approver in the system as required to ensure that only applicable costs are charged.
* BSc. Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
* Minimum of 10 years' of relevant experience in the petrochemical and/or oil and gas industry
* Sound knowledge and experience of administering and controlling contracts from tendering through to completion of works
* Sound knowledge of HSE and QA/QC requirements within the oil refining and petrochemical industries
* Sound knowledge of quantity surveying techniques and procedures
* Excellent communication skills and ability to manage contractors' workforce on the company's behalf
* Fully valid driving licence
* Good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
Primary Location: Bahrain
Employee Status: Permanent Full-time