MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primary purpose is to be a member of the commissioning/start-up team and safely start the plant after it is commissioned and is ready for start-up. Responsible to the Commissioning Manager/Start-up Manager for: Ready for commissioning and start-up verification of the plant and individual equipment and provide the start-up guidance and assistance to the start-up team.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Verify population and maintenance of the Systems Completions Database and ensures that it is up to date and includes current/correct data from engineering and that tags are correctly tied/linked to each subsystem.
- Prepare the operating and initial start-up procedures to ensure safe start and operation of the plant.
- Responsible for interacting with Contractor and Sub- Contractor construction teams to ensure that all systems are commissioned as per the project specifications prior to handover to the start-up team.
- Participate selectively in the dynamic commissioning activity and provide the necessary input and guidance during the continuity checking of the control loops and cause and effects verification.
- Monitor the preparation, verification, and documentation of “A” and “B” check sheets, punch lists, as-built P&IDs, etc.
- Work in close association with Contractor and Sub-Contractors commissioning teams to ensure a smooth and seamless transition from construction to Commissioning to Start-up team.
- Focus is to ensure systems are ready for start-up.
- Interface with Engineering to ensure engineering data is updated in accordance with revision updates of key documents, i.e., P&IDs, cable schedules, instrument index, line list, One line diagrams, etc.
Lead all the efforts of the Client supplied plant operators and sub-contractors to carry out the finial start-up of sub-systems and systems and finally the entire facility.
- Work with EPC Contractor/Joint venture to achieve completion of such additional parts of the facility, systems, sub- systems and temporary utilities that may be required to facilitate commissioning and start-up of the facility.
- Interface with Planning and Construction to meet scheduled MC dates and Ready for start-up milestone.
- Ensure that all vendor IRNs and OS&D reports are incorporated into the system/sub-system punch lists
Participate in final pre-start-up walk- downs/punch outs of systems and reviews/approves final “B” and “C” punch list items before input into the CMS database. verify final-approved system punch list are input into the CMS database.
- Verify system completions certificates are prepared, signed by appropriate supervisors/managers and distributed as stipulated in project Coordination Procedures.
- Provide input for the preparation of Turnover completions Packages/ Dossier format and helps set up all dossiers.
- Verify and sign off TCPs for systems.
- Lead and Participate in the start-up activities at all stages such as loop and continuity checks.
- Leading the start-up of the facility and be a part of the Start-up team in the plant start-up.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- An Engineering Degree or Equivalent Experience with 10-12 years direct “hands on” experience in the start-up and commissioning of LNG Liquefaction/Oil and gas processing is essential.
- High safety awareness is mandatory.
- A good knowledge of simultaneous operations is essential.
- Systems Completion electronic database management system experience.
- Experience in LNG liquefaction is essential.
- Experience with Maintaining updates to Management of change folder and also providing guidance and assistance to DCS implementation to ensure that the changes are made as per the Engineering change documents.
- Must possess an ability to work with construction and the Client personnel to ensure the timely commissioning and start-up , by developing good working relationship.,
Interested candidates must be legally authorized to work in the USA.