|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Our client a Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Company is looking for Procurement Engineer.
* Responsible for following up various EPC´s procurement activities from CFT up to close out stage .
* He will manage all activities related to procurement activities to ensure project objectives are achieved.
* Develop cross functional procurement activities and tools within project, within MP (PCM, ENG, FOPS) and within company entities and with Contractors along with the associated tools and reporting
* To promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other HSE procedures in all activities,
* To carry out work in compliance with company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed company priorities and objectives, company standards and procedures and good industry practices,
* To carry out any other duty or task that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors.
* To oversee Contractor's Procurement team - procurement, expediting, inspection and logistics during the execution of the project to provide assurance of quality and timely delivery;
* To oversee all Project Procurement activities - monitor and report progress, prepare Procurement Status Report to Project Management Team;
* Assist Project Management Team during the various KOM's, Weekly/Monthly meetings, to anticipate and identify procurement related concerns and provide with issue resolutions plan (e.g. inspections, Packages procurement …)
* Expediting Contractor for Long Lead and Critical Items (LLI);
* Work with Company's Engineering and QAQC department on vendor evaluation and selection criteria and participate in Vendor's audits if necessary.
* Evaluate vendor performance during execution of the project and set up resolution for procurement related issues in a timely manner;
* Participate to Spare Parts management / procurement providing guidance to Contractor and coordination with MP/FOPS department, end users and warehouse.
* Participate to Contractor and Company Vendor's mobilization for all phases of the project.
* Support the development and implementation of project HSE and QA/QC processes / procedures in close coordination with Project Management Team and QHSE Department to achieve safe and successful execution of the Project and with materials and services that meet Project requirements.
* participate in risk assessment and identify risk areas and mitigation measures;
* problem solving and crisis management;
* support local government policies on local content to support the development of local industry and to mentor local nationals to realize their potentials.
* Coordinates and supports other departments - QAQC, Engineering, Construction and Commissioning where necessary
* Be familiar with international Codes, Standards and Regularities (e.g. INCOTERMS, etc)
Qualification & Experience
* Engineering and / or Business degree and /or diploma with experience in oil and gas industry in multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction environment. Preferably having formal training in supply chain, logistics and membership with recognised chartered or other professional institution.
* 15 years' experience for degree holder or 20 years' experience for diploma holder in similar position in Oil & Gas sector. Experience in GCC is desirable.
* Previous experience supervising and managing EPC Contractor is required.
* Previous experience in Project Management role is required.
* The candidate should have sound working knowledge on materials for offshore platforms and subsea pipelines.
* In-depth understanding of EPC Engineering, Procurement, Expediting, Inspection and Logistics, Construction, Commissioning etc.
* In-depth schedule development and manufacture processes.
* Ability to resolve complex problems that have implications beyond Procurement.
* Available for technical missions worldwide,
* Familiar with General Specifications, Prodom, standards and relevant codes and standards,
* Language: Fluent English,
* Computer literate,
* Strong leadership skills and good communication skills,
* Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment,
* Good analytical skills,
* H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings.