Aramco Overseas Malaysia (AOM) is looking to hire a Market and Industry Intelligence & Research Specialist in Oil, Gas, Refining, LNG, Retail & Petrochemicals Industries.
Focusing on Malaysia and the regional growing market, the Specialist’s primary role will be assessing the regional refining, chemicals, LNG and Retail industries trends, competitiveness, growth opportunities, economics and financial analysis, benchmarking, to provide briefing and guidance to Management for key investment decisions. This includes developing materials and provide Management, as well as other organizations within the Company, with analysis, market outlooks, current and forecasted refining & chemicals economics (oil and refined products, LNG, petrochemicals (Olefins, Glycol, Polyolefins, Aromatics, C4’s) and speciality chemicals products, refinery margins, capital costs, etc), and geopolitical analysis, that could affect the Company’s downstream and LNG capital investments.
The Specialist will also monitor current and future regulations, in Malaysia and the region, to identify possible impact on the Company’s downstream refining, chemicals, retail and its LNG future business.
The Specialist must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management’s decisions.
The Specialist will be required to perform the following:
- Develop short and long term regional refining, retail, LNG and petrochemical industry outlooks, including: regional changes in capacity levels, changes in crude and other feedstock, total production rates by major product groups, trade balances and the general industry margins and profitability trends, and supply/demand forecast on both commodity and specialty products; taking in consideration factors such as economic growth, technology, petrochemical feedstock and policies among others.
- Develop long-term products price forecasts by product type and region to serve as the basis for the evaluation of investment opportunities.
- Develop a comprehensive and up-to-date occasional studies to keep management informed about major market developments and actions by regional and global key refining and chemicals industry players.
- Help vet economics of complex project proposals for own, joint venture and/or acquisitions in coordination with other Company organizations and teams.
- Provide analysis, evaluation and interpretation of current and future trends in support of projects, processes, and financing related to the Company’s capital investment decisions in the refining, retail, LNG and chemicals sectors.
- Monitor and assess the impact of international and local regulations on the refining, retail, LNG and chemicals business.
- Monitor and provide economics and country risk insights and analysis on matters related to refining, retail, LNG and chemicals markets.
- Report on issues that are relevant to the Company’s refining, retail, LNG and chemicals activities in Malaysia and the region based on market intelligence.
- Prepare quality reports and presentations for inclusion in the business plan and to present to Management.
- Provide expert judgment, by way of thorough analyses to queries from Management on refining, retail, LNG and chemicals issues.
- Regularly interacts with other professionals in various Company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or related specialty from a leading university
- MBA or Masters degree in Economics desirable from a leading university
- At least 15 years of experience refining, chemicals, retail, and LNG industry. Five or more years of relevant experience in Malaysia markets and regulations. Experience with one of the leading industry consulting and forecasting firms is a plus (e.g. OPEC, the IEA, the EIA, Wood Mackenzie, IHS, PIRA, and FACTS).
- Strong knowledge of the Malaysia institutional environment and regulatory bodies, with particular focus on LNG, refining, retial and petrochemicals.
- Thorough understanding of the economic and business factors related to the refining, retail, LNG and petrochemical industries with substantial experience of applying that knowledge to forecasting future trends.
- Sufficient understanding of LNG and downstream refining, chemicals and retail projects necessary to conduct insightful economic analysis of capital investments.
- Intellectually curious and keeps abreast of topics that affect the evolving refining, petrochemicals, LNG and retail markets.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with management at all levels within the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate complex technical and commercial concepts in a clear and concise manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
- Hands-on person who will immediately achieve the professional respect of others possessing long-time practical experience of working in or serving the refining, LNG, retail and petrochemicals industries. Person whom others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel.
- Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
Closing date: 2018-09-24 12:00:00