Qualifications & Experience:
The job holder must have:
- A degree in an engineering discipline with at least 10 years of operational experience of Onshore and/or Offshore production facilities, or in the absence of a degree, at least 15 years of operational experience in an Onshore and/or Offshore operating environment.
- Sound knowledge/experience of Onshore and/or Offshore operations and have had plant experience in steady state production, shutdown, start-up, pigging operations including trouble shooting plant upsets.
- Sound knowledge/experience of Production Operations including interfaces with Design, New Projects, Maintenance, Commissioning and Construction groups.
- Experience in all project and operational phases.
- Experience of working in high H2S operations
The job holder must have:
- Onshore and/or Offshore operations plant experience on major maintenance shut downs, be very familiar with PTW systems, vessel entry, control room operations.
- Experience as an Onshore based support engineer participation in HAZOPs, HAZIDs, operability and maintainability reviews and audits, and supporting the above Onshore and/or Offshore operations
- Experience in design and plant modification changes (Management of Change systems) and ensure they are safe, operationally compliant and cost effective.
- Thorough understanding of complex operational issues, including sour gas sweetening (amine systems) and sulphur recovery, and possess the ability to promote them (within a Project or Operational environment) to the appropriate level of Management.
- High degree of self-motivation capable of setting and delivering work scope against planned deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi discipline/multi cultural team.
- Experience in working in the former Soviet Union or a Caspian region country preferred, with reference to Kazakh rules for design and construction, including the timelines for approvals, what documents should be filed, etc.
- Well developed skills in technical English, spoken and written as well as PC literate in common Microsoft packages, e.g. Word and Excel.
- Fluent kazakh, russian, english
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide a high level of operations engineering expertise during all phases of the field development of a project.
- Provide support to, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, QRA, RAM, 3D model workshops, SILs, FATs, SATs and operational reviews to ensure that the plant and facilities are fit for purpose with respect to operability and maintainability.
- Input to the development of the Operating and Maintenance Philosophy, ensuring they are properly addressed and can be met by design.
- Provide Production Engineering support to shutdown planning and activity coordination.
- Ensure that Production Engineering input into Project Design is maintained ensuring facilities are fit for purpose with respect to Operability and Maintainability.
- Develop effective interfaces with other Departments by maintaining an effective communications network.
- Provide Production Engineering input into the development of manpower plans and OPEX estimating models.
- Research and prepare Potential Change Notices (PCNs) to ensure that the document content is valid, technically sound and where possible prepare cost estimations to support its endorsement by management.
- Mentor more junior staff.