|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Our Client - Oil and gas operating company is looking for a position of Material Data Administrator.
Responsible for the management and maintenance of the Material Master (MM) databases and spare parts technical catalog to ensure that quality technical and operational information is provided to user groups to facilitate the accurate identification of equipment and material procured and held in the inventory.
Kev Result Areas (Key Accountability)
1 . Work closely with Inventory Planner to ensure the Material Master Data Bases is updated and functional.
2. Create new items on the Material Master (MM) Database on Oracie, providing MM numbers as per request, and dealing with users and Technical Authority to get approvals as per procedures in place.
3. Responsible for modifications on the MM data base on Oracle (update of specification, changing specification values, modifying inventory planning levels* blocking MM numbers, etc.).
4. Create and assign accurate material descriptions and specifications taking into consideration user requirements, technical authority recommendations and applicable international standards.
5. Provide a proper search of MM numbers and promote user training in order to avoid duplicate creation of items.
6. Carry out a deep revision and cleaning of the existing Oracle MM numbers and standardize minimal information, format and the presentation of the MM Numbers.
7. Design and upload standardized templates for MM numbers requested on client SharePoint in order to make the MM numbers requested for all users easy and faster.
8. Single point of contact for new additions, updates and deletions of Item master information including description , inventor , warehouse, urchasin and finance information. Also, accountable for maintaining offshore storage views and material valuation class in the material master.
9. Reporting Material Master activities and results.
10. Focal point for all of the Material Master related activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies
Degree qualified or completion of secondary education with technical diploma.
5 years in materials management, including Oil and Gas Industry warehouse operations, inventory management, stock control.
5 years in cataloging activities for Oit and Gas Industry.
Wide knowledge of Inventory management systems.
High level Computer literacy in Oracle systems is recommended. Experience with preparation and analysis of reports.
Strong knowledge of Materials for Drilling, Production and Maintenance for Onshore/Offshore Oil and Gas operations.
General knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry international standards and specifications (API, ASTM, ASME, etc).
Ability in keeping inventory levels according to the criteria for material management without affecting the service to the operations team with a focus on saving time and money.
Possess the ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
Good handling of MS Office Tools (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Strong English language reading and writing skills