My client is a successful contractor who undertake a variety of new build and refurbishment works up to $100Mil and are looking to recruit a quick thinking candidate with Project Management abilities, Estimating understanding, and a solid understanding of construction methods to work as a key adviser to the Pre- Construction Manager.
My client operate in a variety of sectors but have excellent links with high profile establishments including local Universities and the Defense community. They are an established and reputable company who ensure they use up to date construction methods to enhance efficiency in their work.
In line with their commitment to excellence they have identified the need to create a new post within their business. You will be involved in identifying construction methods and processes which will provide efficiencies and cost saving to the business, and will advise the Pre-Construction Manager and senior management team about these. The ideal candidate might be relatively junior, but with a quick mind, and will:
- Understand Programming of works and be able to write schedules and programs.
- You will have an understanding of the role of estimators as your work will involve developing processes which will impact the work of the estimating team with whom you will work closely.
- Have a thorough understanding of construction.
- A degree in Engineering would be useful but is not essential.
- Be able to thoroughly research ground breaking construction methods.
- Be an outstanding problem solver.
- Having an excellent ability to communicate complicated ideas is essential.
As this job will potentially see a relatively junior candidate quickly prove their worth in an advisory capacity at a senior level, the opportunity for rapid internal progression and career development is unusual. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and package, which could increase dramatically as you prove yourself a valuable asset to the business.