|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
A leading EPC contractor are looking for a Principal Piping Engineer to join the project team in Westlakes, Cumbria.
They must be able to lead a team of piping engineers and associated cross-discipline personnel in the delivery of complex and significantly sized work packages. The candidate would develop Project Delivery Plans with the Project Team, demonstrate commercial awareness during technical discussions, accept restrictions imposed and operate as a focal point for technical communications between clients and supply chain. In addition the candidate would develop cost effective multi discipline design schemes to meet client requirements.
The candidate would able to perform the Role of Lead Engineer on large or complex engineering projects, managing project activities from a technical perspective. Provide guidance to junior engineers in establishing commercially sensitive solutions to technical problems whilst maintaining a professional stand point. Present information in a variety of forms aimed at a target audiences. Represent the company when dealing with outside agencies. Chair and facilitate technical and review meetings.
Be fully conversant Regulator requirements, Standards and Procedures applicable at a project level and encourage compliance. Ensure statutory requirements placed on the Company are met.
* Degree qualified, and appropriate chartered status is preferable.
* The candidate must have at least 10 years piping design experience in a role having direct influence over engineering practice and outcomes.
* 10 years experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 5 year experience should ideally have been gained within the nuclear industry.
* 5 years experience of supervising engineering staff.
* The position is subject to the ability of the candidate to obtain as a minimum baseline personnel security standard clearance and obtain a Sellafield P4 pass.
* The role holder should preferably hold SC clearance or have started their application, with the belief of the employer that there should be no grounds for this level of clearance to be denied.
* Current possession of a P4 Sellafield pass and security SC Level would be ideal.