|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Our Client Oil & Gas Operating Company is looking for Cost Engineer to be based in Oman.
Contract duration would be 1 Year.
Support the overall Cost Engineering effort for the project and drive consistency in cost engineering processes, tools and report across all delivery/functional teams.
This role is accountable to the Project Services Lead and has a functional reporting line to the Lead Cost Engineer for supporting the delivering of Cost Engineering processes, tools and deliverables in compliance with Projects OMS.
Implement the Project Cost Control strategy, plans and procedures; this primarily involves executing the GPO Cost Engineering and GPO Project Staff Planning and Control Procedures.
* Prepare, implement, and maintain the project wide WBS
* Support the functional expert in all areas of cost management (estimating, reporting, forecasting, and control)
* Close working liaison with Finance and PSCM Groups in developing commitments, VOWD cost data for all support functions
* Ensure correct coding of all requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, invoices, estimates, and develop and maintain all required cost logs and registers
* Prepare the monthly project reports (internal and external)
* Ensure the preparation and development of appropriate control budgets from the Project estimate
* Implement, analyse and trend costs within each project stage and for entire project until completion / close-out.
* Provide cost input to and implement the cost element of change management procedure.
* Implement a process to track change, ensuring any cost and forecasts for rework are separately identified by project phase.
* Develop and maintain forecasts of the most probable cost outcome using actual performance and projected changes.
* Ensure the forecast adequately reflects impact from changes and identified risks.
* Working with the Project Service Leads and Lead cost engineer, plan and conduct monthly reviews with delivery team leaders within the project. Identify root cause of variances between actual and forecast costs.
* Issue monthly cost reports.
Bsc in Quantity surveying or any relevant degree
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
Min 7 years
Experience in O&G industry or Construction Industry