|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Function: Cost Engineer
Location: Rotterdam Region, the Netherlands
Duration: 12+ months
We are seeking a cost engineer to join the project controls team. The Cost Engineer is responsible for managing the reporting of budget, commitments, actual cost and forecast final cost for the entire project.
The key responsibilities of the Cost Engineer include:
- In conjunction with the Project Controls Lead, develop reporting breakdown structure and procedures for the total project budget
- Develop and establish overall project master cost plan for budget control
- Prepare the overall monthly cost report for the project including Project statistics and trends.
- Prepare cost control input for monthly progress report for the entire project
- Monitor commitments and value of work done to produce a cash flow forecast.
- Coordinate with the lead planning engineer, procurement manager, engineering manager and construction manager on the achievement of payment milestones
- Consolidate subcontractor cost reports and other information to assist in preparing the monthly cost report
- Translates quantity trends in Engineering into forecast updates for bulks and subcontractors
- Supports the contract change management for engineering and construction and prepares estimates or check estimates for change orders
- Recommends solutions or recovery plans to cost impacts
- Prepares the input for the review of Project Profit/Risk Analysis with management and provides status reporting
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years of experience in oil & gas, refinery and petrochemical projects
- Work experience in large scale and complex EPC(M) projects.
- Willing to travel to construction sites or contractor locations / offices typically for periods of 1 to 1.5 years