|Other:||4 months on and 14 days off|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
We currently have an opportunity in Qatar for a:
HEAD MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
This is an opportunity for you to be involved in one of the biggest projects managed and executed in the region. The project involves both offshore and onshore facilities that include new central production facilities and onshore gas liquids processing facility. You will be involved in the new wells that are planned to be drilled from both existing and new well-head jackets.
You will be part of the CLIENTS team and to lead the Mechanical Engineering (including Static, Piping, HVAC and Rotating Equipment) technical input into the design, fabrication, construction, testing, installation and commissioning of the offshore facilities of the OFFSHORE / BROWNFIELD project.
Your main duties will be to:
- Be responsible for the technical integrity of the engineering and design activities within the Mechanical Engineering discipline and for ensuring that safe, cost-efficient and on-time Mechanical Engineering design is developed for the project.
- Be responsible for and provide direction to the technical services in the Mechanical Engineering elements of the project scope, with special attention to the Design Basis, FEED and EPIC scope preparation and execution, design/ safety/operations reviews, procurement of equipment & materials, factory acceptance test, vendor selection, and timely resolution of technical and engineering issues with relevant stakeholders.
- Be the project's technical expert in the Mechanical Engineering discipline and be the final technical approval authority for deviations and derogations against project specification and Mechanical Engineering technical standards.
- Lead the Mechanical Engineering team in developing design scope and ensure that all related deliverables are in compliance with the applicable codes, standards, Project and Corporate requirements and procedures.
- Coordinate and align the Mechanical Engineering interfaces between the project phases and direct the Contractors design efforts accordingly taking into account safety, start-up, cost, and constructability impacts.
- Establish professional work relationships with FEED and EPIC Contractor, represents CLIENTS interest and direct Contractors with any technical queries and interpretation of scope, specifications, and standards.
Ideally you will have Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or higher would be advantageous with membership to a professional engineering association or institution. You MUST have proven experience working on at least one LARGE CAPEX $1 Billion USD PROJECT through from FEED, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up phases.
You will have a minimum of 15 years' experience in Mechanical Engineering design in Oil & Gas Industry with an Oil & Gas Company or Consultant/Contractor, of which at least 10 years' should have been in OFFSHORE processing projects.
You will have more than 8 years' as a Senior Mechanical Engineer in a major project and at least 5 years' as Lead Mechanical Engineer in design of major projects. You will have previous experience in exposed, for extended periods of time, to assignment overseas ideally with: SHELL, CHEVERON, CONOCO PHILLIPS, EXXON, ADNOC, BP, PDO, ARAMCO and/or TOTAL.
You will have been exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments with strong leadership and have the ability to take action, be the decision-maker with common sense.
You will have a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
|Work Cycle:||4 months on and 14 days off|