|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Opportunity for an experienced Construction Coordinator to undertake a 1 year rotational contract with a Global Oil & Gas Operator based in Iraq.
Primary responsibility will be to ensure the delivery of maintenance and project related construction activities in the field. Providing technical support, organization and coordination for the site phases of construction and commissioning activities.
He/She will be responsible for ensuring the quality of installation procedures and developing the construction strategy and installation methods associated with the activity. Participating in and organizing the preparation and implementation of mechanical completion of piping based systems ensuring compliance with standards, specifications and health, safety and environmental (HSE) policy.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Effective management of risks associated with construction related work activities.
* Developing local contractor and Site Leaders by creating expectations of quality and delivery and assuring that it is achieved.
* Providing leadership and direction in the development, prioritization, and delivery of multi-disciplined activities.
* Supporting the integration of strategic maintenance contractors and contracted resources to the work activities to enhance safety, competence, performance and delivery.
* Participating in piping/mechanical constructability and planning activities for all greenfield and brownfield work scopes.
* Ensuring compliance with International Standards, Iraqi Legislation and Company Standards.
* Ensuring all piping, mechanical & structural scope is fully installed, mechanically complete and ready to hand over for commissioning activities.
* Responsible for the safe and efficient, technically correct installation of piping and mechanical equipment.
* Managing costs associated with the installation of field activities.
* Solving problems and obtaining the best value from resource pool to support the delivery of activities.
* Assisting in the continuous optimization of delivery of activities.
* Providing installation descriptions and correlating design packages into construction packages.
* Ensuring safe construction practices and high standards of safety are maintained in the field at all times.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical) or an equivalent technical education with significant experience in either Oil and Gas, Refining or Chemical Plant Construction.
* Demonstrated capability in leading brownfield construction related activities.
* Strong communication and influencing skills and a track record of delivery ideally within a JV and/or multicultural environment.
* Broad knowledge of installation, mechanical equipment, piping statutory requirements and ability to read and interpret piping and isometric drawings.
* Good computer skills.
* Significant industrial experience within E&P or refining environment in Senior roles leading large teams, with a significant number of years of related experience.