|Location:||United Arab Emirates|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
We are looking for an experienced QC Inspector to work on a 12 month contract assignment based in Sharjah.
The candidate will primarily be responsible for promoting and enhancing the quality awareness within the project teams and verifying implementation and effectiveness of EPC and FEED Contractor quality systems in accordance with contract requirements; ISO 9001:2008 and the applicable Quality Plan(s) and associated procedures for all phases of the program or project.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Implementing and maintaining an overall Quality Management System for Program FEED, Project FEED and EPC phases of the Project.
* Contributing to the comprehensive integration and support of all quality activities during all phases of the project.
* Participating in the development and review of project-specific quality requirements of all contractor bid packages, requisitions, purchase orders and inspection activities.
* Monitoring, assessing and reporting on the Project Quality Management Systems of all project members including Owners, Licensors, Project Management Contractors (PMC's) and EPCs to ensure adequacy and effectiveness.
* Recording, reporting and tracking all issues identified as a result of all monitoring activities including inspections, testing and assessments performed both internally and external to ensure appropriate resolution.
* Reviewing Contractor quality plan(s) and assessment and management review schedules and results.
* Ensuring all Inspectors are suitably qualified for assigned inspection activities.
* Ensuring review of manufacturing special processes as specified in applicable contract requirements.
* Reviewing Inspection Assignment Packages and ensuring source inspections at vendor shops are performed in accordance with approved inspection and test plans of Purchase Orders.
* Reviewing inspection reports and communicating results to affected parties as required. Reviewing all Inspection Release Notes.
* Participating on Contractor internal assessments and performing Contractor external assessments.
* Identifying, communicating and participating in resolution of issues resulting from all review, monitoring and assessment activities.
* Reviewing the Engineering documents (e.g MR).
* Review of IAP's, ITP, Vendor Quality documentations.
* Ensuring that any outstanding pending points, for the equipment and material ready for shipment, have been clarified and a solution implemented.
* Review and management of the NCR during the post-order phase.
* Ensuring the consistency of the inspection Disposition Report (IDR).
The ideal candidate:
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline and/or Membership of the Institute for Quality Assurance (IQA/MIQA) with a minimum of 12 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control in a Manufacturing/Fabrication environment and/or on Construction projects in the Oil and Gas and/or Petrochemical industries.
* Excellent knowledge of International/National Standards and Codes including Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2008 and/or ISO/TS 29001) requirements.
* IRCA Registered Auditor qualification.
* Ability to work with project teams, build relationships with external vendors, contractors and parent company stakeholders.
* Familiarization with working with international cultures and having international experience is preferable.
* Good knowledge of standard PC workstation usage and basic MS Office software applications.
* Good knowledge of English, both written and verbally.