|Salary:||£28000 - £35000 per annum + Vehicle, Pension|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
I am currently recruiting for a Process Manager to be based in the Alness/Tain/Invergordon area of the Scottish Highlands
Process Manager Job Description
1. Manage the Waste Transfer process, setting goals and performing continuous improvement assessments.
2. Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the Business has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance.
3. Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in and management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular audits.
4. Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place to enable Faculty and Resource areas, including outreach centers, to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
5. Maintain a central record of all risk assessments and monitor recording within Directorate and Resource areas. Approve risk assessments for student trips, visits, work experience and workplace assessments.
6. Discuss areas for improvement with relevant staff and/or external bodies and agree appropriate corrective action.
7. Assist with fire risk assessments according to an agreed schedule and in line with legal requirements.
8. Liaise with Occupational Health Service staff on health surveillance where a risk assessment has identified a need, including carrying out stress risk assessments when required. Maintain appropriate records
9. Above all, ability to motivate the staff to work within procedure, especially Health and Safety Legislation. Adopting a "Zero Harm" approach.
* A minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience in a Process or Factory environment.
* An understanding/experience of Process equipment, Machinery and Tools.
* Competent motivator of staff/teams.
* Understanding of employment laws, disciplinary procedures, H& S requirements, completing of reports & investigations.
* Understanding of dairy technology, filling protocols, due diligence and implications to the business.
* Knowledge of Waste Transfer environment.
* Ability to interact effectively with Customers, Business Managers and staff at all levels.
* High degree of Numerate, literate and computer competent.
* Understanding of operation of machinery and processes.
* Chemical Awareness
* COSHH training
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to the successful applicant.