Senior Operations Drilling Engineer / GuyanaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Senior Operations Drilling Engineer
- To support the Rig Superintendent by providing Operational Drilling Engineering support whenever required.
- To assist in ensuring the rig acceptance process is efficiently and effectively conducted and that the punch list actions are closed out promptly.
- To assist in ensuring that the Guyana wells are executed safely and cost effectively with minimum adverse impacts on the environment and in compliance with our clients IMS policies and standards.
- To assist in ensuring that the Drilling rig and the services upon it deliver top quartile performance whilst drilling the Guyana wells.
- To assist in the preparation for operations so that the Operational Readiness Review is able to support the commencement of operations on time, by ensuring that all the requirements of our client's Well Engineering Management System are fully complied with.
- To interact with Service Company technical experts to obtain and validate all information necessary to compile the Drilling Programme
- To write and be the custodian of the Guyana drilling programmes.
- To assist in preparation of contingency plans for well control, general emergency response and oil spills are in place prior to commencing operations.
- To prepare and apply for dispensations from specific aspects of our clients's IMS when prudent and necessary to do so.
- To arrange and specify all necessary primary, back up and contingency equipment and to arrange for it to be mobilized, installed, commissioned, utilized and demobilized effectively.
- Assist in ensuring that QA/QC standards are applied and enforced on Rig contractor and all service providers.
- To work with the cost engineer to ensure that all daily expenditures and costs are effectively tracked.
- To assist the cost engineer in ensuring that all invoices submitted by contractors are validated, corrected when and where required and approved in SAP in a timely manner.
- To provide drilling engineering support to our client's offshore drilling personnel, to minimize downtime and maximize performance metrics for the well.
- Assist the Rig Superintendent in ensuring that the Drilling Programme is followed by the offshore drilling staff.
- Where it becomes necessary to vary the work programme from that contained in the Drilling Programme, prepare documented amendments for approval in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the clients Well Engineering, well close out process is followed in an efficient and timely manner
- To conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- No injuries to personnel in our operations.
- No environmental incidents.
- Ensure that a high quality Drilling Programme is prepared in a timely manner.
- Ensure no downtime due to equipment or personnel shortages
- Assist in delivery of Top Quartile Drilling performance (Well delivered within planned P50 time and budget)
- Where required assist the Well Engineering team in London with the well planning and design
- Assist the Rig Superintendent where required
Engineering degree or equivalent technical qualification, Shell Round II or equivalent technical competency.
- Exetensive Well Engineering industry experience
- Proven 6 years of deep water drilling experience
- In depth experience as an Operations Drilling Engineer.
- Extensive experience of international remote location, offshore exploration well operations.
- A high level of competence with well control techniques (IWCF certificate mandatory).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of well engineering associated with well design and construction including well design, kick tolerance, well control issues, bore-hole stability, mud chemistry, deviated drilling, fishing and milling, wireline logging and data acquisition.
- A personal commitment to excellence in EH&S. Able to demonstrate a record of delivering good EHS performance through encouraging good behaviors throughout the operations team.
- Has undergone training in capping and containment of deepwater subsea wells.
- Familiar with API & other recognized industry standards & recommended practices.
- Understanding of Geological and Petroleum Engineering priorities and well associated requirements.
- HPHT drilling experience is considered desirable, if not essential
- Good understanding of well budgeting process, cost allocation and monitoring.
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent spoken and written English
- Technical Excellence
- Calm and effective under pressure.
- Action oriented.
- Cultural empathy.
- Open and honest.
- Good communicator
- Able to influence others.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2019