Senior Project Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
My client is a leading operator looking to add a senior figure to their Project Engineering team, on a major oil & gas project, in Qatar. This will be a 2 year contract Looking to mobilise in August 2019.
Responsible for running the construction activities to the works related to the Client's field/assets, including the following areas:
- To ensure compliance with HSE (occupational and process) legislation, Company standards and procedures as they apply to project management and project engineering, to ensure employee safety and legislative compliance.
- To ensure compliance with Company Management System and applicable International Standards.
- Scope and development:
- To organise detailed design reviews with the Engineering Department of E&C, to ensure the cost benefit, value engineering and continuous development principles, constructability and hook ability aspects of the works.
- To check the constructability aspects, as well as the compliance to all technical requirements, of the deliverables provided by the Engineering Team before transmission to the Construction Contractor.
- To review and to approve deviations to NOC standards.
- To deliver a consistent dossier (documents, materials, procured and fabricated items, precom/com dossiers …) to the E&C Construction Coordinator for the offshore construction activities.
- To prepare Project Execution strategy and Project Execution Plan
- To develop KPI's for the team and for the reporting to the Construction Lead.
- To submit a weekly report to his hierarchical superior.
- To review and track Engineering and procurement deliveries. Incl. contribute to contract strategies
- To do Management of change in scope and assessment of resulting cost and schedule impact.
- To provide support to other departments in E&C to justify the estimations to the clients, assets or partners.
- To deliver the close out dossier at the end of the project, as well as to participate to REX and Lessons learned for the Company.
- Schedule Development:
- To plan the works in accordance to prioritization agreed with the Construction Lead, based on emergency, safety, production and future development critical needs.
Cost Estimation and Budget Management:
- To prepare, obtain approval and manage project budgets.
- To provide feedback for cost realization of the projects.
- To prepare project cost estimates as required in line with project developmental stages.
- To review and finalise Contractors' Cost, Time and Resource estimates.
- Risk Management:
- To perform risk analysis as required for the good performance of the works.
- To participate to HAZID's and Risk Assessments when required.
Assurance and Governance:
- To co-ordinate with QA leader for all quality matters, including as well the management of quality audits as needed for a continuous control of Contractors/Subcontractors.
- To prepare as-built dossiers with Contractors/Subcontractors inputs from Offshore Construction Team.
- To interface with other departments in E&C, FOP… as needed for the good performance of the works.
- To organise the Technical Meetings (weekly and monthly) with Contractors/Subcontractors.
- To prepare and facilitate relevant progress and cost reports are maintained and distributed to key stakeholders
- To assist the offshore construction team as needed.
- To liaise with C&P for obtaining necessary vendor quotes and contracts.
- To contribute to Contractor strategy and management.
- To ensure that the resources and organisation from Contractor are adequate with regards to the workload.
- To review Contractor's progress reports and reports for all the activities related to the fabrications, highlighting critical problems, drifts and dysfunctions if any.
- Mentor, guide and act as role model for Construction Engineers.
- To proactively take responsibility for self- progression by keeping abreast with latest best industry practice in project management and project engineering.
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superiors.
- Management methods.
- Technical background with extensive experience in construction of O&G installations.
- Experience in offshore construction activities under SIMOPS conditions.
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practice in Project Management
If you are interest or require any more information, please apply above.